“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Fe Central

You added Motel 6 Santa Fe Central to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Fe Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3470 Cerillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507 (Formerly Econo Lodge Santa Fe)   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #51 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Kansas City, Kansas
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Granted,this is an inexpensive hotel and I have learned to accept things in life that are much less than perfect but, upon entering this building, I felt like I needed to be wearing a Bio-Hazard suit. The carpets were filthy & stained, the walls were covered with dirt and grease and the hideous, ancient quilted bedspreads looked like the last time they could be described as clean was 1950. I made the mistake of opening one of the chipped and broken dresser drawers, OMG! Instead of "Leaving the Lights" on for me, Mr. T. Bodett needs to be more concerned with cleaning his furniture. Then there was the Hot tub........I wouldn't bathe a dog in there. The term "Bog of Eternal Stench" would be appropriate. Even the small printed form on the night stand asking for your opinion of this delightful establishment had brown "stains" on it! A forensic team would have a hay day! If this is your only option for a nights stay, sleep in your car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectationsduring your stay at Motel 6 Central in Santa Fe, NM. I will take appropriate measures to correct the issues that you encountered and hopefully you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future.

Kind Regards,
Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed two nights. The room was large and had a fridge. Beds were double, which made it a little tight with two people in one. The people at the desk were friendly and helpful. It was quiet and clean. Several negatives: No microwave in our room, and no fitted sheets on the bed.

Room Tip: Second floor helps assure you don't hear the people above you. Ask for a room with a microwave...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Motel 6 Central. Every day we strive to provide with exceptional custumer service and make sure that we meet our Motel 6 standards. I also want to apologize for not having fitted sheets, and not being able to provide you with a microwave.

We hope to see you next time when you visit Santa Fe NM.

Austin, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This Motel 6 seemed clean, friendly and without obvious issues. We had no use for the pool - just wanted an effective place to stay overnight. Large rooms. Quieter-than-average AC. Low price.

A good chocie.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback after staying at out Motel 6 Central in Santa Fe NM. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious room and sorry you didn't had a chance to use our pool. Hopefully next time you will have the chance to enjoy of our pool and spa, and hope to welcome you soon again.

Best Regars,
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Looking for a cheaper place to stay when in town to see kid at college. Usually stay at Holiday Inn next door but saw the Motel 6 on last stay and thought I would give it a try this time. It looked ok from the outside. Carpet in hall was GROSS! Beyond dirty and worn. And halls stank of stale cigarettes. The room looked ok, carpet looked decent and bedspreads, while dated, looked clean. Bring your own toiletries, I had one little bar of soap and no shampoo or tissues. Bath had only 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth and 2 bath towels....good thing it was just me in room. Pets do stay free but there wasn't any place to walk them. All grounds were covered in rock or prickly pine ground cover...at least those that weren't covered in broken beer bottles.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jay P, General Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear that your stay was not pleasant. I will ensure to take appropriate measures to correct the situation and prevent future occurrence to happen in the future. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back and hope that this issue will not prevent you from giving us another chance.

Best Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Under $50 for 3 adults with an AARP rate, I thought this was a steal. There were only two towels in the room and when I went to ask for more, I was told they were being washed. No biggie. The next night I hit up the pool and there were no pool towels, again I was told they were being washed and it would take 30 minutes (that I didn't have). The padlock on the sauna was disappointing and the pool was not heated even though it was indoors. The next day when I needed room towels again, I had to speak with housekeeping who went into other rooms to hunt down clean towels, I got 1 large towel (even though I needed 3) and a couple small wash clothes.

The hallway was dank and dirty, the free morning coffee was terrible, ONE of the lamps worked in the rooms and . The only freebie in the room was a bar of soap, no alarm clock, the beds were alright and on the 2nd night of stay, someone had pooped in the pool. Also, someone was sleeping in a car outside my room window and kept setting off their car alarm ALL NIGHT.

Cheap rates for a cheap room. My fault for paying for it, MOTEL 6's fault for not keeping up with their motel. I felt this motel was unprepared, under stocked and overall dirty and neglected.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 bucks to get a room elsewhere. The staff is nice when they're taking your paym...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to start of by apologizing for the inconvinience that you encountered through out your stay at our Motel 6 Central. I will make sure that ocurrences like this won't happen in th efuture.

Hopefully this incident wont hold you to stay at any of the other Motel 6.

Prescott Valley, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

couldn't even believe it, a 6 with an indoor pool and Jacuzzi.spacious room and nice staff!we went to santa fe with "noooo reservations". got the last room because a church groop of teenagers had most booked. WOW. what nice kids. the group bought pizzas for the whole hotel.not the cheap lil Caesar's, pizza hut combos!
I was afraid they might be up all night, nope, 9 pm curfew!
beds soft and cozy, cked for bed bugs, none! bath large and they even gave us pool towels!
stay and play in santa fe! hey that rhymed! don't miss the ultimate farmers market or the wineries just north!
cheers,
chopper

Room Tip: bottom floor no elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Motel 6 Central in Santa Fe NM. We are delighted to see your comments about our pool and hot tub, and we are extremely thankful to read that our team was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for posting your review; we look forward to your return visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

One night my sweetie and I were in Santa Fe and decided on a whim to get a hotel room and stay over instead of making the two hour drive home. My sweetie had bad associations with the Motel 6 just a ways farther north on Cerillos, so we ended up staying here.

I think he paid too much for this room. Also, because he paid cash, they required a deposit, which they said they would return after the room was inspected in the morning. When I heard about a deposit and room inspection, I thought this place was going to be really nice. It looked nice from the outside, but inside it was kind of gross.

The first thing about the property that I didn't like was that the rooms aren't accessible from the outside. Some people might feel safer if the only access to their room is an interior door, but I like to be able to open the door to my room and be able to see my vehicle. Also, if there is a fire, I'd rather be able to run right outside, instead of down a long hall.

The hallway gave off a spooky, mental institution vibe. The carpets were old and gross. There was a bucket in the middle of the hall, catching water dripping from the ceiling.

The room wasn't particularly nice. It was ok, but not so nice that someone needed to inspect it in the morning to make sure we hadn't done anything to it. I just kept laughing that this place wanted a deposit.

I've stayed in some nasty motels all over the U.S. This was not the worst one I've ever stayed at. I just think when you run a kind of nasty motel, the price should be super cheap, and no one should have to inspect the room before you leave.

We should have stayed at the Motel 6 down the road where I know the rooms are clean, without old carpeting, where they do not require a deposit if you pay cash.

Room Tip: Ask for one that's been remodeled.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Central 4789 in Santa Fe NM. Your feedback is very important to us.

At motel 6 we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurence.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Assistant Manager

Been to Motel 6 Santa Fe Central? Share your experiences!