“Great rates aaand thats about it.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Santa Fe to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Fe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3470 Cerillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507 (Formerly Econo Lodge Santa Fe)   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Great rates aaand thats about it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Under $50 for 3 adults with an AARP rate, I thought this was a steal. There were only two towels in the room and when I went to ask for more, I was told they were being washed. No biggie. The next night I hit up the pool and there were no pool towels, again I was told they were being washed and it would take 30 minutes (that I didn't have). The padlock on the sauna was disappointing and the pool was not heated even though it was indoors. The next day when I needed room towels again, I had to speak with housekeeping who went into other rooms to hunt down clean towels, I got 1 large towel (even though I needed 3) and a couple small wash clothes.

The hallway was dank and dirty, the free morning coffee was terrible, ONE of the lamps worked in the rooms and . The only freebie in the room was a bar of soap, no alarm clock, the beds were alright and on the 2nd night of stay, someone had pooped in the pool. Also, someone was sleeping in a car outside my room window and kept setting off their car alarm ALL NIGHT.

Cheap rates for a cheap room. My fault for paying for it, MOTEL 6's fault for not keeping up with their motel. I felt this motel was unprepared, under stocked and overall dirty and neglected.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 bucks to get a room elsewhere. The staff is nice when they're taking your paym...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to start of by apologizing for the inconvinience that you encountered through out your stay at our Motel 6 Central. I will make sure that ocurrences like this won't happen in th efuture.

Hopefully this incident wont hold you to stay at any of the other Motel 6.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Prescott Valley, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

couldn't even believe it, a 6 with an indoor pool and Jacuzzi.spacious room and nice staff!we went to santa fe with "noooo reservations". got the last room because a church groop of teenagers had most booked. WOW. what nice kids. the group bought pizzas for the whole hotel.not the cheap lil Caesar's, pizza hut combos!
I was afraid they might be up all night, nope, 9 pm curfew!
beds soft and cozy, cked for bed bugs, none! bath large and they even gave us pool towels!
stay and play in santa fe! hey that rhymed! don't miss the ultimate farmers market or the wineries just north!
cheers,
chopper

Room Tip: bottom floor no elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Motel 6 Central in Santa Fe NM. We are delighted to see your comments about our pool and hot tub, and we are extremely thankful to read that our team was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for posting your review; we look forward to your return visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

One night my sweetie and I were in Santa Fe and decided on a whim to get a hotel room and stay over instead of making the two hour drive home. My sweetie had bad associations with the Motel 6 just a ways farther north on Cerillos, so we ended up staying here.

I think he paid too much for this room. Also, because he paid cash, they required a deposit, which they said they would return after the room was inspected in the morning. When I heard about a deposit and room inspection, I thought this place was going to be really nice. It looked nice from the outside, but inside it was kind of gross.

The first thing about the property that I didn't like was that the rooms aren't accessible from the outside. Some people might feel safer if the only access to their room is an interior door, but I like to be able to open the door to my room and be able to see my vehicle. Also, if there is a fire, I'd rather be able to run right outside, instead of down a long hall.

The hallway gave off a spooky, mental institution vibe. The carpets were old and gross. There was a bucket in the middle of the hall, catching water dripping from the ceiling.

The room wasn't particularly nice. It was ok, but not so nice that someone needed to inspect it in the morning to make sure we hadn't done anything to it. I just kept laughing that this place wanted a deposit.

I've stayed in some nasty motels all over the U.S. This was not the worst one I've ever stayed at. I just think when you run a kind of nasty motel, the price should be super cheap, and no one should have to inspect the room before you leave.

We should have stayed at the Motel 6 down the road where I know the rooms are clean, without old carpeting, where they do not require a deposit if you pay cash.

Room Tip: Ask for one that's been remodeled.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Central 4789 in Santa Fe NM. Your feedback is very important to us.

At motel 6 we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurence.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Alameda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you are on an economy trip this place may be for you. Staying here three nights allowed us to splurge for a night at a really neat place in Santa Fe. I would caution that this place is a BYOE establishment (Bring your own everything). Example: a hair dryer ( in room one was pulled from the wall); alarm clock; shampoo, lotion, body wash etc.; kleenex; napkins and coffee cup covers if you attend to get coffee from the lobby. As a matter of fact, this place seemed so unwelcoming and forget getting any help from the disinterested lobby staff.

The room was standard size furnishings were adequate; room was clean upon our arrival. The maid service routinely changed the linens but did little else to tidy up.

The bathroom looked like it needed some repair--wallpaper seemed to be "bubbled", baseboard coming lose in places.

The motel came with a pool which was way too cold for a comfortable dip for the winter time.

The location of the hotel was on a main street but not within walking distance of fast food places or other restaurants.

There are plenty of lodgings on this busy strip and if one had the time to do some research on the internet, there should be other motels within the price range of this motel or maybe a little more. Just because the lodging is inexpensive does not mean that it has to be cheap!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, General Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Alameda Yankeegal,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered. We expect more from both our property and our staff.

As a new manager here at motel 6 I am working on making this property a better one to assure comfort to all our guests. Our pool and hot tub are checked every day to make sure they both work properly.

Hoping you will consider giving our motel a second chance!

Hotel General Manager
Tempe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Beds not comfortable
Front desk staff not courteous
Wi-Fi password changes without any notification
No toiletries provided even after being requested
Room key didn't work the second day of the stay (and the staff didn't even apologize for the inconvenience)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
On behalf of our entire staff here at motel 6, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that you might have encountered during your stay with us. As a new member of the motel 6 staff my first priority is to fix any issues that we’ve had in the past, and make sure these things don’t happen again in the future.
I am very sorry about your experience with our front desk staff I am working with them to make sure all of them are courteous and helpful to every guest staying with us.
We hope you will give our property a second chance the next time you visit Santa Fe.
Again thank you for your time!

Hotel General Manager
Sedona, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We happened to be in Santa Fe during Indian Markets Aug 16. 2013 when it is not easy to find a room. We ended up getting 2 rooms at this Motel 6. A big sign in front guarantees the best rate.
After some negotiating and senior discount, we still ended up with $ 131.65 for two people.
My comment that they were taking advantage of a busy weekend was met with a big smile and a confirmation. Once in the filthy room without waste basket and tissues(Didn't you know that Motel 6 does not provide tissues, just an empty container?), I checked internet rates which were $95 plus tax. The stench in the room must have come from a recent conversion from a smoking to a non-smoking room, but we couldn't figure out whether the black hair on the bed was from an animal or human.
Of course I complained heavily and, in the absence of the manager, was assured that she would call me back as soon as possible. I have never heard back from them.
Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire Motel 6 staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know about your stay with us. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced at our location. As a new staff member here at motel 6, I am working on fixing everything that might be wrong to make sure our guests enjoy their stay.

.Again, I would like to apologize for the bad experience you had during your stay back in august 2013. Our rooms are being checked every day by a manager to make sure our guests have the best possible accommodations.

Hoping you will give our location a second chance the next time you visit Santa Fe.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just wanted an overnight place to sleep and chose this one based on price. Big mistake. Place was filthy. Carpets were stained and filthy, like the had never been cleaned before. I'd requested non-smoking, but looms on either side were smoking and the smell permeated everything. Staff had shoved towels under the doors from the hall to try to prevent the smell from coming out. Towels were not clean, no Kleenex in bathroom box. Terrible place.DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of our staff here at motel 6 I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about or location. I would also like to apologize for the bad experience you had during your stay with us. As a new member of the motel 6 staff my main goal is to make sure this property/staff can give our guest the best service we can possibly give.

Please receive our sincere apology. Our carpets have been changed in most of our rooms. I am working on fixing issues we’ve encountered in the past to make sure those things don’t happen again in the future.

We hope you will consider giving our property a second chance the next time you are in town!

Sincerely
Ana Rodriguez

Been to Motel 6 Santa Fe? Share your experiences!