“Not even what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 4 sites
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Santa Fe to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Fe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3470 Cerillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507 (Formerly Econo Lodge Santa Fe)   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tempe
“Not even what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Beds not comfortable
Front desk staff not courteous
Wi-Fi password changes without any notification
No toiletries provided even after being requested
Room key didn't work the second day of the stay (and the staff didn't even apologize for the inconvenience)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jay P, General Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear guest,
On behalf of our entire staff here at motel 6, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that you might have encountered during your stay with us. As a new member of the motel 6 staff my first priority is to fix any issues that we’ve had in the past, and make sure these things don’t happen again in the future.
I am very sorry about your experience with our front desk staff I am working with them to make sure all of them are courteous and helpful to every guest staying with us.
We hope you will give our property a second chance the next time you visit Santa Fe.
Again thank you for your time!

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sedona, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We happened to be in Santa Fe during Indian Markets Aug 16. 2013 when it is not easy to find a room. We ended up getting 2 rooms at this Motel 6. A big sign in front guarantees the best rate.
After some negotiating and senior discount, we still ended up with $ 131.65 for two people.
My comment that they were taking advantage of a busy weekend was met with a big smile and a confirmation. Once in the filthy room without waste basket and tissues(Didn't you know that Motel 6 does not provide tissues, just an empty container?), I checked internet rates which were $95 plus tax. The stench in the room must have come from a recent conversion from a smoking to a non-smoking room, but we couldn't figure out whether the black hair on the bed was from an animal or human.
Of course I complained heavily and, in the absence of the manager, was assured that she would call me back as soon as possible. I have never heard back from them.
Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire Motel 6 staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know about your stay with us. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced at our location. As a new staff member here at motel 6, I am working on fixing everything that might be wrong to make sure our guests enjoy their stay.

.Again, I would like to apologize for the bad experience you had during your stay back in august 2013. Our rooms are being checked every day by a manager to make sure our guests have the best possible accommodations.

Hoping you will give our location a second chance the next time you visit Santa Fe.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just wanted an overnight place to sleep and chose this one based on price. Big mistake. Place was filthy. Carpets were stained and filthy, like the had never been cleaned before. I'd requested non-smoking, but looms on either side were smoking and the smell permeated everything. Staff had shoved towels under the doors from the hall to try to prevent the smell from coming out. Towels were not clean, no Kleenex in bathroom box. Terrible place.DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of our staff here at motel 6 I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about or location. I would also like to apologize for the bad experience you had during your stay with us. As a new member of the motel 6 staff my main goal is to make sure this property/staff can give our guest the best service we can possibly give.

Please receive our sincere apology. Our carpets have been changed in most of our rooms. I am working on fixing issues we’ve encountered in the past to make sure those things don’t happen again in the future.

We hope you will consider giving our property a second chance the next time you are in town!

Sincerely
phoenix az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good location, not too far from freeway or downtown. Indoor pool and spa that was very clean and supervised by desk staff to keep out some folks who just tried to wander in, they were nicely asked to leave. Bed was great, but thin walls, hope for quiet neighbors. Room had a micro and good sized little fridge. I would actually consider staying here for several days, by myself or with a partner. Just coffee in the morning, so other places may be better if you wanted "breakfast" included for the family..My room had a new carpet, but the hall carpet was quite stained. Good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at motel 6 back in July.

As a new member of the Motel 6 staff i am thrilled to hear about your good experience here with us. We are working on becoming eve better to make sure all our guests enjoy their stay here with us. I would also like to apologize about the bad things you had to deal with during your stay. I will take your words into considerations to make the fixes that have to be made.

Again, thank you for your kind words. We hope to have you here again during your next visit to Santa Fe.

Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The bed in this motel was unbearable. The mattress is hard and lumpy. If that isn't enough to prevent you from getting adequate sleep, the bed was not even equipped with a fitted sheet; instead, there was a regular sheet and an extremely worn and lumpy mattress pad, both of which move around and make the bed even less comfortable. If you deal with insomnia (or have any difficulty sleeping for that matter), these beds will bring out the worst in you.

We were also somewhat alarmed by how empty the parking lot was, and how it backed up against an adjacent trailer park. There are signs everywhere warning you that you park at your own risk: motel 6 takes no responsibility for stolen or damaged possessions. While unnerving, we at least did not deal with a break-in. This area is TERRIBLE, however.

The room was more spacious than anticipated, and relatively clean. The bathroom exceeded expectations as well. However, these features cannot make up for the incredibly poor night's sleep that you are likely to get here. Pay 5-15 extra dollars and stay somewhere else... It just isn't worth being tired and miserable on your trip to save a few bucks.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room? Look for a room in another hotel. There are lots a of reasonable option...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Motel 6 in Santa Fe. I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. As a new member of the Motel 6 staff I can assure you that I expect a lot more from our staff and property. My main goal is to make sure our guests have the best service possible. There is a front desk clerk present at all times here at our property to make sure our guests are safe and provide whatever is needed for them to be comfortable I both our rooms and rest of our property.

I am glad to hear that our rooms were spacious and clean. We are working very hard to maintain a clean motel and safe parking lot.

Again thank you for your time. We hope you will give our motel a second chance on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

For starters, it's now a Motel-6 and i'd more than call it a Motel-1 for the number of stars i'd give it.
When we arrived we were met by the staff's screaming crying child behind the reception desk and we were not impressed with the odour. Having booked this place to stay for 4 nights we immediately cancelled after one night and sought lodgings else where.

The room and building smelt stinky, the sheets in our room had holes in them and our bed was held together with a plank of wood with a giant screw sticking out of it...the bath taps hadn't seen a clean in years,,,no coffee or tea making facility in the room, NO breakfast provided which came as a shock, when we booked the room to include it. There was nothing to make this a stay memorable for the right reason. This place is just so down market for even the easiest to please person that I am.

Overall i'd give this place a big miss and move up the road to the Red Roof Inn for a better deal all round.

Room Tip: Avoid this place and go somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Roswell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed when it was Econolodge (one review mentioned the name has changed to Motel 6?)
Visit is always during mid-May, before before Memorial Day and start of summer...
Good location, indoor pool (mind the slick surface around the pool!). The staff was always friendly and rooms were clean, but did in bad need of updating. However, we go to Santa Fe for the outdoors, downtown etc.

Room Tip: ask to see the property before you commit. I would advise this for ANY hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Santa Fe? Share your experiences!