“Last room at the inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Santa Fe to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Fe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3470 Cerillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507 (Formerly Econo Lodge Santa Fe)   |
Ranked #54 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Starbuck, Minnesota
“Last room at the inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We got the last room available the 1st weekend of the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque. At least 13 other hotels were full and the nice staff at the Holiday Inn Express (next door) recommended it saying it was clean.

She was right, it was very clean. Probably better then the remodeled (2007) hotel we stayed at the next night. So while the carpets, bed spreads and pictures weren't the height of fashion, I could live with that, in part because of the cleanliness.

The bed wasn't the greatest bed I have ever had but it certainly wasn't the worst either. I didn't notice problems with noise. We turned the air conditioning unit on when we got in and it was the perfect tempt

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amarillo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Overall, we were happy with our stay here. The carpet in the hallway was pretty stained and worn, so at first, I was a little worried. The room was nice, clean and appeared to have new carpet. The beds and pillows were small, but comfy enough... The staff was very friendly. The indoor pool and hot tub was SUPER nice!! Only a few issues: You CANNOT check in until 3:00. I know all places have check in times, but we've always been able to check in early.... (I remember checking in at 9am once!)....Absolutely no check-ins until 3. SLOW wifi..... and finally: 2 towels...2 handtowels...1 wash cloth......FOR 4 PEOPLE??? You shouldn't have to ask for a reasonable number of towels.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montrose, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've read several of the previous reviews, and I think the reviewers are use to a higher quality hotel. Don't forget this is a lower graded hotel of a multi-chain hotel company. People often say you get what you pay for, but I think it should be you get what you are willing to pay for. If you want something nicer shell out the money, otherwise stop whining about things like "water markings!". (Really!! Pay four times as much for a hotel on the plaza and maybe you will not get water marks.)

I made reservations online without a problem. I had a hard time finding the place because it shares a driveway with the Holiday Inn Express next door. Also the Econolodge sign is small and partially hidden behind some trees. When I arrived my room was not ready. I simply asked for another and was switched right away. The room was average for the price point - double queen beds, TV, dresser and table with two chairs. The carpet in the room was new (I think they had just replaced all the room carpets because the dumpster in back was full of rolled up carpets), the carpet in the hall was worn but clean.

This was no Taj Mahal. There was a missing tile in the bathroom and there were screw holes in the wall where somthing had been removed and the holes had not been patched. But I did not see any of that when I was asleep. The air conditioner worked fine and the drapes closed.

I can't comment on the breakfast options. There are too many great places to eat in Sana Fe to settle for a hotel waffle.

Room Tip: Yoou might ask for a room in the back. There is a back door with plenty of parking. Rooms on the f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Hands down, this was the worst hotel stay I've ever had! Our door would not close or lock and, if not for the inside latch, would just open randomly. The toilet would not flush and was leaking all over the bathroom floor. We brought these issues to the attention of the night clerk to which she responded by offering me a plunger to fix it myself. After 45 minutes and several calls, no plunger and no help arrived. It wasn't until a new overnight clerk came on duty that an attempt was made to fix the toilet (Giving the impression that the first night clerk was simply waiting for her shift to end and did want to be bothered with such problems). This is when we find out that there was no maintenance person on duty and the new clerk had to perform any and all duties of the hotel, including this. The attempt to fix the toilet was unsuccessful. We asked to be moved to another room, but were told that the hotel was full. So we asked for a full refund and we were told that it wouldn't be possible since we booked through a third party site. We were offered the laughable comcession of a $10 refund. Thus we were stuck; with a door that wouldn't close and having to use the lobby restrooms. In addition to being unable to eat dinner or use the pool that night due to the timeframe of these problems, our sleep was disturbed by children running up and down the hallways incessantly. The staff did nothing to intervene.

The only redeeming component to our stay was that the second night clerk seemed to be genuinely concerned about our predicament and did his best to try and alleviate the situation.

• Stayed July 2012
Taos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We walked into our room, and the carpet was discussting, stains literally everywhere! There were stains all over the mattresses that are visible just from looking from across the room. The mirror in bathroom wasn't even cleaned, and bathroom faucets still had water markings! Maids couldn't even get a proper vacuuming their were crumbs and hair on the sides of the beds. Their was a loud dog next door and lots of people partying outside. Wouldn't wanna have my kids here, diddnt feel comfortable to sleep in the dirty beds, the blankets had holes and stains and diddnt evn have a fitted sheet on the mattres. The people at from desk diddnt have a problem giving a refund, but never gonna come to this hotel again!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
albuquerque, nm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We reserved a smoking room and unbeknownst to us were put in a non-smoking room. We were never told that our room was non-smoking until we asked for ashtrays and a coffee pot. The room was clean BUT had maintenance issues that we were willing to deal with. The AC shut off randomly, the faucet did not shut off correctly, the toilet seat was loose and the remote for the TV had buttons that didn’t work. Ultimately, the service of the front desk clerk was unprofessional. She told us that she would not charge us for smoking in the room. We made a reservation for the smoking room and did not get it and were told that, basically, a reservation didn’t mean we were going to get what we reserved. Do Not Stay there!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I did not like this place at all. We checked in and went down to the pool. They do not have pool towels at the pool you have to ask for them. When my son went to the front desk to get the pool towels for the 6 of us in my family they told him they could not give him more than 3! My husband went back and they gave him two more so we were still short 1 towel. I asked for more pillows and blankets since with 6 of us two of kids usually just sleep on the floor. The floor was really dirty and they said they did not have any more pillows. Also asked for another shampoo and soap and they said they did not have that either. I refused to stay at this hotel. I offered to pay half price for the time we stayed and they did refund my entire room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Santa Fe? Share your experiences!