My family (self, husband, 12yoa daughter, 2.5yoa son, 9mo son) stayed here as a quick rest stop on our way back to Colorado after a vacation into New Mexico. We've always had excellent experiences at Econo Lodges, so we were expecting a similar night. We couldn't have been more disappointed!
First, the small stuff:
- There isn't enough parking for check-in
- The building only has 2 entrances - the front doors, and a door at the rear of the building, 30 rooms length away from the front
- NO ELEVATOR! It's only 2 floors, but carrying 60lbs worth of sleeping babies and all our belongings up to the room was a chore. Especially since our room was exactly halfway down the hotel.
And then the bigger stuff:
- The carpet in the room had brown, sticky stuff ground in
- The beds don't have the kick plates - just a metal bed frame with 1x4 boards to help support the mattress. And they definitely haven't been vacuumed under in a LONG time
- We discovered the next morning, while digging under the beds to retrieve toys, that one of the bedspreads hadn't been washed - it had a sticky substance, possibly grape jelly, smeared all over the bottom. Ick. And my children had been sleeping in that bed!
- The shower curtain, which was dingy and obviously quite used, sucked in while the shower was going, so you were wrapped in a wet, sticky curtain that has touched untold numbers of other peoples' butts while trying to get clean
- we were so grossed out by the cleanliness of the room that we didn't even try the breakfast
And finally - a couple of good things:
- my husband and daughter did go use the pool - they said it wasn't anything special, but it wasn't terrifying, either
- the room was quiet - we all got a decent night's sleep
- the blackout curtains worked really well - my infant even slept until 8am!
It was okay for a quick night's sleep, but I'm very, very glad we weren't planning on using it as a base for a trip to Santa Fe. I couldn't set my 9mo crawler/creeper on the floor, because there were too many places that a vaccuum doesn't easily reach that had bits of stuff stuck to the carpet, and babies are way too likely to pick anything off the carpet and eat it.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Santa Fe Hotel
- Econo Lodge Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Econolodge Santa Fe
- Econo Lodge Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Econo Lodge
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Motel 6 Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.