“Burger Mecca, Nirvana, Paradise... JUST GO NOW!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 472 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Burger Mecca, Nirvana, Paradise... JUST GO NOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was checking out reviews of eateries in Santa Fe and several food trucks came up. Bang Bite was at the top of the list and with fortuitous happenstance, it ended up being about 2 blocks from our lodging. My wife and I arrived at about 1:00 and there were about 15-20 people hanging around; some reading the extensive menu, others eating, others lingering at the tables in some kind of trance, mesmerized by their culinary transcendence into food truck fare. We placed our order, gave a name and were told that they'd call us. The food is all cooked to order, but in seemingly fast order, our order was up. For an appetizer (which turned out to be way too much food!) we ordered some wings. The wings come dressed in a BBQ sauce - not my favorite. I guess I live too close to Buffalo NY to like BBQ wings. The sauce was tasty, sweet, not too tangy. For our meals, my wife had the Ooh Papi! Burger and I had the Bang Bang Burger. Both burgers come with a side of freshly cut fries. These burgers were FANTASTIC!!! The bread is delicious, soft, yet firm enough to stand up to the bountiful juices of the burger and dressings. The burger patty was cooked to perfection and was large enough to provide a very good meat to bun ratio. The burger dressings were expertly prepared, well balanced, and perfectly adorned. The hand cut fries are as good as the burgers and were seasoned tastefully. For drinks, you get lemonade or water. We opted for sodas from the market across the street. Overall, I would give this place a 10, but tripadvisor only goes to 5! Seriously, these are hard core gourmet offerings. If you're a foodie, you won't be disappointed at Bang Bite!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Excellent burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have tried the Bang Bite sandwiches twice here in Santa Fe -- once off site at an event and once at their usual location at the corner of Old Pecos Trail and Paseo de Peralta. The Cuban sandwich is unbelievably good -- tender and juicy. The Bang Bite burger is cooked to perfection and tastes like a REAL hamburger....it's obvious they use fresh ingredients. The fries are fabulous. Be advised that the prices are quite a bit higher than most burger places but then again, the food is far, far better. We will be going back again soon!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“WHAT A SURPRISE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

What a surprise to find this little food truck with the BIG flavorful sandwiches. This was our favorite Santa Fe meal - and we also ate at high end locations! Don't count on a Diet Coke/Pepsi though - water will have to do if you're not a sugary pop drinker

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food Truck jackpot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went out looking for a quick bite to eat with nowhere in mind and stumbled upon Bang Bite in a parking lot. Couldn't have planned it better. One of the Best Cubano sandwiches I've ever had. Served with fries and a drink for about $11, and worth every penny.

Visited July 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Try the Fish and Chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Fish and Chips are a special, apparently on the menu only when the fish is in season and fresh. Lucky for me it is often on the menu because it is GREAT! The fish is tender and you are given a generous portion. The tempura like batter is flash fried and not greasy. The meal comes with a habanero tartar sauce that is just a little spicy and oh, so delicious. Wedges of fresh lemon are also provided.
The chips are french fries with the skin left on. And then a handful of deep fried whole tender string beans are added. I have had a dozen versions of fish and chips in assorted Santa Fe eateries over the years and by far this place has the best. Even places with fancy chefs have let me down with greasy battered coverings and small portions and fish that did not taste fresh or moist.
I have on a few visits found the fish and chips were not offered and I am pleased to tell you that the burgers are damn good.
I sampled three different burgers and was happy with each type. You really can't go wrong eating here.
If it happens to fit into your travel day to stop by, you will find the bright orange truck parked most often across the street from Kaune's Food Town and then at times it will be parked where there is a fair or an event happening. I once was pleasantly surprised to find the truck open at dinner time in the farmer's market area of Santa Fe where near by there was an Art Show happening.
It is definitely an above average offering for a mobile unit food service truck!!!!!

• Visited July 2014