“Excellent Stay for Specialized Persons whom are Community Involved...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tranquilla Inn

Save Saved
You added Tranquilla Inn to your Saves list
Tranquilla Inn
and 1 more site!
Tranquilla Inn
4044 Cerrillos Rd., Santa Fe, NM 87507   |
Ranked #50 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
“Excellent Stay for Specialized Persons whom are Community Involved...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Lg. Shower
Open Vanity

• Stayed February 2014

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I needed a short term place to stay while waiting for my house to be ready. Tranquilla Inn was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. Only problem was with a misunderstanding/misrepresentation of the rate because I was staying an odd number of days.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Williams, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this cerrillos road location. We could not bring our local family to visit here. It is a flop house of undesirable and questionable "clients". This is not a hotel and they are not in the hotel business. It is filthy, loud, and substandard. The city of Santa Fe should shut these people down. The so called long time live-in manager is aggressive, abusive, disrespectful, and a lazy liar. P.S. THERE IS NO POOL-cute, deceiving, picture though.

Room Tip: DO NOT make hotel reservations on cerrillos road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'd stayed here often over the years when the place was a Red Roof Inn, a dependable and pleasant budget-hotel choice. Since the change of ownership earlier this year, I'd been curious about trying out the 'Tranquilla Inn'. After my recent one-night stay, however, I don't expect to return.

The price was low--$45 for a Friday night during the summer tourist season. Evidently they have lower rates for weekly or longer stays. The facilities are ok, if a little more run-down than before. Oddly, my room had neither telephones nor a single wastebasket. No sign of bedbugs or other insect life. The front desk clerk was friendly enough, and accommodating of my request for a particular part of the hotel. So far so good.

However, I was surprised when the clerk asked if I'd need to be out between 11pm and 7am, as they shut down the front desk and lock the outside doors during that period. I was given a key to the front door which I used to let myself in, but when I attempted to exit the same door to get another item from my car, found the key did not work to let myself out. I was trapped inside the hotel -- and then had trouble with the key-card to my room, which only let me in after multiple swipes.

Eventually I discovered that I could get out to the parking lot through a side door and use the lobby key to re-enter, so I was not in fact trapped inside the hotel. However, as often as I've had trouble with demagnetized or non-working key-cards over the years, I don't feel at all confident staying in a hotel without a night clerk on duty, in case I can't get into my room. This one factor will prevent me from staying here again.

Room Tip: No desk clerk available between 11pm and 7am. Hotel locks up at night, so you will need to have the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at The Tranquilla Inn for about 7 weeks and got so many bug bites that when I finally complained they threw me out. I was there 2 weeks and then my son needed to stay with me. I had a room with 1 king sized bed and asked to be moved to a room with 2 beds. My son stayed with me for 4 nights before they moved us to a room with 2 beds. The night they moved us we started getting bug bites. They told me that my son had brought the "bed bugs" with him but if he had brought the "bed bugs with him they would have been in the room with the king bed not the room with 2 beds. I don't know what kind of bugs were biting us but management nor ownership did anything about it. DON'T STAY AT THE TRANQUILL INN.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

funny thing is, they acted surprised and shocked that they have them AT ALL. Now i read a review below that they ve had them since last year. NOW I am angry. thank goodness i checked before getting into bed. We ended up sleeping in our car at walmart rather than risk it at another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were traveling through and ended up spending 1 night the end of December 2012 with our two young kids. We arrived about 6:30 in the evening after traveling over 10 hours. Shortly after we arrived in our room we got a call from the front desk asking us to be quieter. We had our kids stay on the bed (which was pretty hard after spending 10 hours buckled in car seats). One of us went to use the shower which made horrible creaking noise when you stood in it and again we got a call from the manager who was staying in the room directly below us. He told us he was trying to sleep. We thought that was odd at 7:00 at night and so we went to the front desk to ask if they had another room we could move too. The front desk clerk indicated there were no extra rooms. She phoned the manger to see what the problem was and he told her he was just watching TV, not sleeping ! It was a very noisy hotel, not very clean, stained sheets, no WI reception unless you stood in front of the door, only two small thin bath towels and no shampoo. We had an awful sleep and ended up leaving by 4:00 a.m. I would pay the little extra $$ and stay elsewhere !

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tranquilla Inn? Share your experiences!