“go every year” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 207 things to do in Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“go every year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

me and my boys go every year! they love it and so do I..... i love watching the cowboys YUMMYYY =)

omg what if I dont wanna write 100 characters?????

Visited July 2012

Santa Fe, NM
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Not a Cowboy, Loved Every Minute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Having begun way back in the early 1950's, I can't think of how to improve on this historic rodeo - it's got everything (mutton busting, bulls, barrels, clowns, fair, food, parade, queen, etc.) A real, crazy, small town event with some big-time national performers. Not too big, not too small. The Mexican cowboys (charros) are a awesome addition. We go every year we can (6x so far).

As this is held during the rainy season, be prepared.
Also, you may eat some mud if you sit on front row seats (join the local crowd in the grandstands).
Don't forget your camera.

Visited June 2011
Santa Fe, New Mexico
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Great Smallish Town Rodeo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We never miss it. It rocks, and is very local and sort of small timey, all of which adds to the charm....

Visited December 2011
Southwest
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I was actually suprised how much fun I had at this event. It was a fun crowd and the cowboys were cute.

Visited July 2011
Kaunas, Lithuania
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Interesting phenomenon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I'd heard about rodeo but never been to one. This was a good chance to do that. It's interesting to see this part of the American culture, including the guys who are into cattle, the Miss Rodeo girls, the Mutton Bustin' part, the spectators sipping Budweisers from their coolers hidden behind baseball caps. I can't compare this event to any other rodeos, but it was worth doing one. Would I go there again? Probably no - the curiosity has been satisfied, and there other things to discover in this life.

Visited June 2011