“Just what you need!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Sugar Land, Texas
“Just what you need!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spent two nights at this property. Staff was extremely attentive to our needs and recognized us by name each time we crossed the lobby. They could use a bit more experience understanding and recommending some of the local establishments. But they were never afraid to engage the internet to answer a question. Very clean.

Room Tip: Second floor, back wing (quieter.)
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Divide, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here in October of 2014. We had used our rewards points for this stay and it was to be a free stay for 2 nights. We had to give our credit card number to hold the room (so they said). All went fine and the staff treated us great, but a few weeks after the stay, I was looking at my credit card statement and saw a charge for fifty dollars from the hotel. I immediately called the hotel and told them about it, and all they said was "oh, we accidentally charged your credit card...we will get you a credit". Well, they did give us the credit, but there was no reason that the credit card would have been "accidentally charged" as they claim. My credit card statement stated that it was billed to "Sales", and nothing else. The amount they charged was suspiciously odd as the room rate was more than twice that, so there was nothing that was available for sale there, or any other charges or fees that were for the amount of fifty bucks. Whether it was truly an accident (though we all know that you really can't accidentally pull out our credit card number from their system, and charge an odd amount to it. I think they have a bad seed in their admin staff that is trying to get away with falsely charging peoples credit cards. If I hadn't noticed the charge, they would have gotten away with it, which makes me wonder how many times they may have successfully gotten away with it with other people. Please check your cc statement if you stay or have stayed here. Also, we tried to post a review on the hotel's website, but it kept getting refused...go figure, I guess they only want good reviews on their site.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
SFGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Rick Z,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been incurred regarding the billing of your room. This is not an acceptable practice to our property and I am truly sorry. I would like the opportunity to make this right.

I would really appreciate it if you could contact me directly at 505-474-7570 or via email at ale@finehospitality.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff bad super nice and helpful. We needed to check in early and they didn't have any issues with that. Room was clean bed was comfortable. Internet was stable and easy to connect. I definatly would stay here again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Cleveland W,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Santa Fe to host your visit while in our 'City Different'. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our team's efforts to ensure our guests' comfort, and our property's facilities.

We look forward to your next visit!

Cape Cod, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are traveling from MA to AZ, stopping at Holiday Inn Express properties each night (except for one mediocre Hilton Garden Inn) along the way. This one was selected for points and price for three nights. Compared to the seven previous stops is was not at the top of the list. Older property, really small and outdated rooms. Terribly noisy ac unit and bathroom ventilation. Had to sleep with ear plugs! Everything was minimal OK. Breakfast was standard HIE menu. This property needs a major upgrade to compete with surrounding hotels. As a Platium HIE member, no upgrades were available, not the same treatment received at other locations. Wouldn't return.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Nancy011351,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

We had planned a 2 night stay....but checked out the following day. Room was EXTREMELY small for two people.. When someone was sitting in the desk chair there was no way to pass without them getting up...the desk chair was torn and worn on edges...hairdryer didn't work...bed ..okay...but with the condition of the room and property ....made us wonder just how "clean" it really was. Carpet to rooms needed replacing...and was stained in some areas. Clearly, the property needs a serious upgrade .... Front desk staff were nice...but their service couldn't make up for the condition of the property... Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hampton right down the street which was fabulous especially considering the points spent at the H.I. were the same as the Hampton.

Room Tip: My advice is to ALWAYS view the room before check in.... though this time I did not...and regretted...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
SFGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, December 17, 2014
Dear filegumbo,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been incurred during your stay. By the end of August 2014 we finished remodeling our rooms, including brand new mattresses, new carpet, new wall treatments, and new bathroom tile. We will continue in 2015 with remodeling the hallways and new furniture in our rooms. I am sorry to hear the changes we have made so far were not to your satisfaction, we usually receive great comments about these. We trust you will visit us again once we have finished the entire property. Please never forget we have an excellent team in place that is always eager to ensure our guests' comfort!

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights in October before heading to the Balloon Fiesta. Hotel is your basic HIE which is good as you know what to expect. Room was clean and safe. Bed was comfortable and was able to get a good nights sleep. Breakfast is standard fare and thats good. Front desk staff was very good at supplying maps for downtown Santa Fe with highlighting points of interest, also a nice map for going to Toas for the day. I would stay here again when in Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dennis M,

thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Santa Fe to host your visit. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our property's services. We are always pleased to know that our guests' expectations are met with our brands.

We look forward to your next visit!

Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Several years ago I wrote a favorable review of the Holiday Inn Express on Cerrillos Road. I am saddened to say that after staying in this establishment in mid-October 2014 for three nights, I will not return nor recommend it.

During several of my past visits I had been told of planned upgrades. Although some upgrades may have occurred since my last visit in 2012, in general I would say that the property looks neglected.

Upon arrival I noticed that the front door entry mats needed sweeping and the large trashcan on the left of the entry was overflowing. After checking in, I went to the elevator where I saw two room attendants struggling with the cleaning cart while attempting to disembark from the elevator. Why not make this job easier by providing a cart that more comfortably fits the small size of the elevator?

As I walked the corridor to the assigned room, I thought that the carpets needed a good vacuuming, at the least, but preferably a professional cleaning.

The room and bath areas are small. I realize that there is probably not much that can be done about room or bathroom size but surely the furniture can be polished to eliminate the many scratches and the wall painting can be done more carefully so as not to have the paint spill over unto the adjacent doors.

The maintenance level is lackluster. A thorough cleaning is certainly in order and greater attention to detail should be addressed. The place looks old, dingy, and tired.

The one positive is the pleasant staff.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
SFGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Dear Suzzane-Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent stay. We greatly value them and consider them opportunities to continue improving our services.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you may have been incurred. This is not acceptable to us and we will address this with our team to take corrective measures upon this.

Indeed, we have had many renovation projects, including new mattresses, pillows, carpets and bathroom flooring in every room. We will continue with corridor renovation as well. I hope you will give us another opportunity to emend your impression.

Hotel General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!