We booked this room based on our experience at a wonderful Holiday Inn Express in Yukon, OK, AND the comments in "Hotel Amenities" stating that rooms in this HIE had been recently renovated. Really??? Firstly, I do have to say, the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Larry helped us with an early check-in after we arrived much earlier than expected...very nice! Also, the outdoor pool was warm enough and clean enough to use, something that has been a big issue at other hotels on this trip. Room was ok, just not what I would consider newly redone. Bedside lamp was loose and falling apart, with no extra outlets for electronics like newer hotel versions. Cell phone had to be plugged in on the desk, which was ok, just not as convenient as bedside. The very dark wallpaper was unfinished on the bottom with no baseboards, and there was a large stain on the furniture. Room just looked dark, old and unfinished, not like a modern remodel. The parking was convenient to the side entrance and location was good for our needs. I guess after coming from that six-year-old HIE in OK that was immaculate and like new, I expected a remodeled room to be bright and clean and cheerful....It just wasn't. If anything, this trip has taught me that all HIEs are not created equal and the comments submitted by mgmt re this hotel are a little misleading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Fe, NM. We are conveniently located just 4 miles south of the Santa Fe Historic Downtown Plaza. Just exit I-25 at Cerrillos Road, Exit #278. Come and be our guest while you experience Santa Fe's rich cultural diversity, art galleries, museums, shops, Indian Market and many fine restaurants.Each one of our 76 newly remodeled hotel rooms features a microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing boards and hair dryer. Our beautiful hotel features the new Stay Smart Bedding Collection in all of our rooms that will make your stay restful and relaxing.Be our guest and enjoy our delicious new full Continental breakfast with hot items. We also have a new fitness and business center and an outdoor pool and guest laundry. We are a pet friendly hotel. We also have high-speed wireless Internet.The Holiday Inn Express is a great choice to host your Santa Fe adventure. We are within an hour drive from Taos, Chimayo, casinos and the Eight Northern New Mexico Pueblos! Santa Fe is host of the Loretto Chapel, home of the Miraculous Staircase, oldest house in the United States, San Miguel Mission which is the oldest church in the US, the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Palace of the Governors, Saint Francis of Assisi Basilica, the Santa Fe Opera, and many more attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Santa Fe
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Fe
- Holiday Inn Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Holiday Inn