“Very nice, but overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
BLOOMFIELD
“Very nice, but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Can't say a bad thing about the place, except after checking in, I looked online and found the HILTON was cheaper! 130 bucks night is a bit ridiculous. My husband booked the room, and didn't do any checking around beforehand. Anyway, next time we'll go Hilton.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed recently at this property for 2 nights. We had originally had reservations at the Courtyard, but there was a mix up on the dates. We were lucky that the Holiday Inn had 2 rooms available for my travelling companion and myself.

The first impression of this hotel was a little bit of a let down after leaving the Courtyard. The lobby was a run down and had a motel type of feel. However, I was glad to see that the room was large, clean, and appeared to have been updated fairly recently. The AC unit was also relatively quiet which was become increasingly important to me.

The drive into downtown was long and straight. It was probably only about 20 minutes, but it is magnified after having a couple of beers at higher than I was used to elevation. The one major knock on this hotel is its location, but many of the similar chain hotels are on the same road and are also pretty far from downtown.

Free breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Express fair with the "omlette" filled with Cheez Wiz which for some reason I eat, The food was warm and the bar was well attended.

A bright spot was the service at the front desk. They gave bottles of water at no cost when asked. That is something I have not seen in a long time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

First of all the manager was very nice, helpful to two very weary travelers. The room was clean. The TV reception was horrible. The king size bed was hard as a brick. And then... The bathroom ceiling leaked, I mean gushed! All over our bathroom things! Breakfast was very good. The manager graciously gave us a discount. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the air conditioner worked really great, the shower worked well, the room was clean. So we had a comfortable stay. That said, most everything was showing years of wear. Not disrepair, but day in-day out wear. Definitely needs some fixing up to keep up the nice Holiday Inn Express reputation. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know just how valuable your time is and appreciate your feedback. It was our absolute pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to the next opportunity that we have to meet your needs at Holiday Inn Express in Santa Fe
ellijay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The people at the front desk were nice and knowledgeable.
I was expecting to be a little closer to the tourist attractions but was four miles away.
The room needed some renovation, when I would go in or out of the room, the door had to be pushed to close. the carpet needed replacing.
The place needed some work, I think it is probably a little low standards for a Holiday Inn Express.
But the staff was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear ellijay1,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I greatly appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. On the other hand, I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the condition of the room. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Karen G.
IHGCare
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a facility trying to get by "on the cheap". Not a lot of money being spent on keeping things clean in the facility or the rooms. I went down to the ice machine on our floor in the morning to get a bucket of ice. The machine did not work. I went up one floor and that machine did not work either. A maid said the machines are turned off in the mornings (I must assume so customers do not get ice for their ice chests). I am sure this is not standard Holiday Inn practice but a decision of local management to cut costs. I would look elsewhere for lodging.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear 2auroras,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the ice machine not working. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff try. The room was awful. 1st floor accessible by the elevator, an exterior light was aimed at the window. The place smells kinda funky. My advice drive on.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Kentuckizona,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry your stay was negatively affected by the hotel staff services, room accommodation and unusual smell. I have noted your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into to improve the quality and service that we offer to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
IHG Care

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!