We have stayed in 6 Holiday Inn Express locations in 6 states in the last month and this facility was substandard compared to the others, it ranked dead last by a wide margin in our informal comparison.
The first impression before we even walked through the dirty front doors was 'shabby'. Upon entering the lobby we almost turned around and left. This facility is about 20 years old and was remodeled several years ago, it is now well worn and has thin walls.
But, it was a Holiday Inn and they are usually nice so we checked in, after looking at the somewhat cramped room. The ground floor hallway that our room was located on smelled of cigarette smoke but the room was clean smelling and my wife was tired. The desk clerk looked bored and did not smile once.
The next morning I noticed that the rooms carpet was so dirty that my wife left black footprints in the bathtub because she walked in bare feet, I wore sandals. The bed was lumpy and the A/C unit was one of the loudest we've encountered.
The room was smaller than the other HIEx hotels we used because it was an older facility, the ice machine I tried was empty or broken, the pancake machine in the breakfast room was broken.
I mentioned thin walls, it turned out our wall was next to the breakfast room and we were able to enjoy the 5-6am clunking and noises of the mornings preparations. On the bright side, this allowed us to get up early and leave this hotel. The hotel shuttle van used up one of the few parking places nearest our room and the lobby, no sense inconveniencing the shuttle driver.
Santa Fe is a growing town with dozens of new or modern hotel options at similar price points, I wish I had known that before I made reservations for this Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Fe, NM. We are conveniently located just 4 miles south of the Santa Fe Historic Downtown Plaza. Just exit I-25 at Cerrillos Road, Exit #278. Come and be our guest while you experience Santa Fe's rich cultural diversity, art galleries, museums, shops, Indian Market and many fine restaurants.Each one of our 76 newly remodeled hotel rooms features a microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing boards and hair dryer. Our beautiful hotel features the new Stay Smart Bedding Collection in all of our rooms that will make your stay restful and relaxing.Be our guest and enjoy our delicious new full Continental breakfast with hot items. We also have a new fitness and business center and an outdoor pool and guest laundry. We are a pet friendly hotel. We also have high-speed wireless Internet.The Holiday Inn Express is a great choice to host your Santa Fe adventure. We are within an hour drive from Taos, Chimayo, casinos and the Eight Northern New Mexico Pueblos! Santa Fe is host of the Loretto Chapel, home of the Miraculous Staircase, oldest house in the United States, San Miguel Mission which is the oldest church in the US, the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Palace of the Governors, Saint Francis of Assisi Basilica, the Santa Fe Opera, and many more attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Santa Fe
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Fe
- Holiday Inn Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Holiday Inn