“Great service, atmosphere and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Casa Sena

La Casa Sena
125 E Palace Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)
505-988-9232
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Casa Sena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 482 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Washington
Dallas, Texas
“Great service, atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love this restaurant. The restaurant is cozy with a fireplace in the main room, the service is so wonderful and the food is amazing. The staff is very knowledgeable and will be happy to work with you to get a gluten free dish.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Really?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I live and grew up in Santa Fe and during the holiday my mom and two sisters wanted to do a special "girls lunch" at a nice restaurant. My mom chose La Casa Sena. I was the first to arrive and I was told they did not have a reservation for us. I called my mom who assured me she had made the reservation with a gentleman a few days before because she specifically wanted to be in the main dining room. The two hostesses, were not only not helpful but unfriendly. They told me there were plenty of tables and did not try to make sure it would be where we had requested or even acknowledge the missing reservation. I stood there for another 5 minutes with my coat, hat, scarf, and gloves waiting while other people arrived. Each person was asked if they could take their coat as I stood there blatantly ignored. For the amount of money one pays to eat at La Casa Sena the food was ok. There was lipstick on mom's coffee cup after a 10 minute wait for a cappuccino, the parking ridiculous and the treatment shocking; not a restaurant I will be going back to or advising other people to patronize.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were there on New Year's Day evening! Had reservations, was seated promptly, waiter was great! I had scallops and a glass of Pinot Project red wine which were good!

Visited December 2012
Texas
“La Cantina a treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We came early as the bar was being set up for the evening meal. C.J. entertained us at the bar and our waiter shared stories from his singing and teaching experiences. Before we left for the evening, we felt like family. The music was a joyful and disjointed selection based mostly on the requests of the patrons for the night, several children. We delighted in the Disney tunes as well as those from Les Miserable, Paint Your Wagon, Newsies and Funny Girl. Bob Fox set the mood with his accompaniment and solo stylings. Our favorite taste treat of the evening was the Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake and the Lemon Creme Brulee.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
santa fe
“New Life for an Old Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

La Casa Sena has always been my favorite restaurant and a recent dining experience there made it obvious that it is undergoing a renaissance under new General Manager, Matt Gonzalez. The beautiful ambience was enhanced by a crackling fire, nice music, and a very low noise level. Our waiter was superb--knowledgeable, friendly and responsive. He paced the serving just right. The staff looked happy and proud of their establishment and our friends were delighted to find their favorite wines on the extensive list. We ordered the hanger steak and the lamb shank, both of which were excellent, and enjoyed several creative and beautifully served appetizers. Bravo to Matt, Chef Patrick, and the wait staff!

• Visited January 2013