“Dated and average services” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 101 Activities in Santa Fe
Type: Hot Springs/ Geysers, Wellness & Spas
More attraction details
Owner description: Ten Thousand Waves is inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot spring resorts. Ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, but only minutes from the National Forest, there is nothing quite like this on the North American continent. Among pinons and junipers are beautiful outdoor hot tubs and spa suites, world-class bodywork & skin care, and the amazing izanami restaurant. For a lucky few, it is the closest lodging to the Santa Fe Ski area.
Ohio
11 attraction reviews
“Dated and average services”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was at this spa last month and I felt quite rushed. I had a foot massage which was very nice but the facial was a rushed experience and it felt like the tech could not get me out fast enough - I do not know if this was because she was behind because I had to wait approximately 10 minutes after my appointment time to be taken. The spa is certainly dated and needs some updating to say the least. I have been to many other spas and felt that this was a mechanical experience - I would not go back.

Visited December 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Horrible customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Weekend trip to Santa Fe and managed to get an appointment at the above. After just one day , I managed to arrange a tour at the Ghost Ranch , about 90 minutes away. Wanted to do both . So I called spa to see if I could change appointment for both treatments or cancel . Unfortunately , too late for both. I was warned that if I was late ,then I would be charged 50% for treatment that I missed. What the spa didn't tell me was that it was located so high in the mountains that the GPS may not help . I did get lost and I also had to climb 99 steps before reaching the reception desk. Despite my constant calling for directions and assuring them that I am trying to make it, I was still charged the penalty of 50% for the treatment I missed. The place is nice . I thought I was in Japan for a minute ! The location high in the mountains made this visual easy ! My treatment was fine , not special and shorter than mentioned in brochure.

Visited November 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
7 attraction reviews
“Relax in magnificent surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you come to Santa Fe, a trip to Ten Thousand Waves is highly recommended. My husband and I have used several of their various hot tubs and all are wonderful in their own way. Massages and facials are first-class, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Just walking into the facility can be soothing -- the sounds of trickling water and the wonderful scents from oils and candles surround you at once. Try going on a moonless night and hit one of the tubs -- a magical experience!

Visited February 2013
new mexico
8 attraction reviews
“Nice place to go and relax, especially during the cold season!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is a quiet place. A great place to go if you need to relax and just have some quiet time. The Women's bath house is very enjoyable to take a soak, especially when it is snowing outside. It is quite magical. I would also recommend you have a treatment and book with a Master Massage Therapist. They are very experienced and in tune with your needs. Afterwards, grab a bite to eat in their new restaurant. Fabulous food and fresh!

Visited December 2013
4 attraction reviews
“holy shiatsu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Loved my experience at 10000 Waves in Santa Fe. The setting is beautiful and the experience was very unique. We enjoyed soaking in the private outside tub as snow softly fell around us. This was followed by a wonderful Shiatsu massage with Sam. I wasn't sure what to expect as one wears loose clothing during the massage but the massage was great.

Visited November 2013