“Great bread pudding, the rest was just ok.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #120 of 414 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Great bread pudding, the rest was just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went here because others in my party are beer drinkers. The food was fine, but not outstanding in any way. Except for the bread pudding; it was awesome. the service was ok, but not great. We seemed to have one server in charge of our table but there were multiple people who brought out food, drinks, dessert, etc. I never got the water I repeatedly asked for. We always seemed to be bothering our server when we asked for additional drinks or other items. The restaurant itself was loud. Parking was less than optimal. The parking lot itself is very small and when it is full, patrons have to drive down a gravel path next to the railroad tracks and parallel park on this path. This path is quite rugged and bumpy. Someone with a low-riding car would not want to drive down it. The beer drinkers in our party enjoyed themselves and their beer. If you're not a beer drinker, there is no reason to go here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

South Dakota
“Great atomosphere at the Railyard!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a great lil brewery! We are from Colorado (the land of the breweries), so we had pretty high expectations. Second Street Brewery exceeded those expectations! The beer is amazing and so is the food--the nachos were fantastic. We felt right at home--the place has a great atmosphere and everyone was super friendly. The Railyard area is really nice and our friend's daughter had fun waving to the trains that passed by. This place is good for couples or families! Great place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sahuarita, AZ
“Amazing Stout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 5 days in Santa Fe and since I'm a beer lover, we decided to check this place out for dinner one night. I'm a big Stout fan, so of course I had to try their cream stout as did my spouse. All I can say is WOW...definitely in my top 2 stouts of all time. Very creamy and delicious. Both of us loved it. That pitcher went down very nicely and we are in our 60's and not big drinkers. The waitress we had was awesome. I'm not a tat fan, but this girl was first rate and very sweet. Had helpful menu selections which we always appreciate, but don't usually get. We ended up splitting a Buffalo burger and fries and it was very tasty. Great beer, great service, and good food...what's not to like? Check it out!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Telluride, Colorado
“Don't even bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

True quote. I asked our server what she recommends, her reply was "how about I give you another minute". She then walked away quietly while staring out the window. The food was mostly inedible. They were out of the first beer I ordered and still charged me. Second beer tasted like yeasty home brew. Homemade chips were clearly flaccid frozen Sysco chips. the best thing were the nachos, not anything special certainly. We were at the rail yard location. Worst meal on our four day trip by far.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best local brewery meeting place with Santa Fe's best craft beers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Second St. location is the local beer lovers hang-out whereas the Rail Yard location is more for tourists. The food is better at the Rail Yard location. The beer is excellent at both. The Second St. location has a nicer atmosphere with outdoor seating.

Visited April 2013