“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sage Bakehouse

Sage Bakehouse
535 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2694 (Downtown)
505-820-7243
Neighborhood: Downtown
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Preface this by saying this is based on just one visit during our stay in Santa Fe, and only applies to the sandwiches. We stopped by to get some sandwiches 'to go' for a hike. Unfortunately we had depended on a menu supplied by Yelp which showed multiple choices and was not accurate. Apparently they only have a few "sandwiches of the day". We tried both, and I have to say they were absolutely nothing special and were certainly overpriced for what they offered. The people were nice, and it seemed like a pleasant place, but I would not return for sandwiches.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
santa fe
“Excellent breads and pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm quite the expert on breads and pastries and I can honestly say this is one of the top 3 places in Santa Fe. Forget Chocolate Maven this is the real Mc Coy (real deal)!

Visited January 2013
Berkeley, California
“Great coffee. Great folks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Delicious pastry and bread made with love and a delightful little place to sit down and have morning coffee and a bite to eat. Everything was delish, but the much praised almond pastry tasted a bit boozy or something, not sure what it was, like it had fermented. Maybe it was a bad batch, but the ham and gruyere tarts were fab.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am a local here in Santa Fe. I have been going to Sage Bakehouse for years. They have changed a lot. First of all, the best sandwich ever is no longer on the menu (chicken and grilled onions with aioli). Second, and more importantly, I waited 15 minutes for a ham and fontina cheese panini. Once I got home, I realized I just paid $8.00 for ONE slice of ham! Unacceptable.

Visited May 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Based upon another review, we headed to Sage Bakehouse (Clafoutis was closed). The Cinnamon roll was delicious! I split one with my mum, and we each had a latte! ( once the latte was finished, a gratis refill of drip coffee was offered). We took an Almond Croissant and a Lemon Honey Tart to go. Both were very good! The breads ALL looked beautiful, and did notice many locals coming in to purchase multiple loaves! Staff and owner were all friendly and the small bakery was clean and charming! If you are in Santa Fe, stop in and treat yourself to something yummy!

• Visited April 2013