“Superior experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vanessie of Santa FE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 482 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Guadalupe
Transit: Rail runner Guadalupe station
Description: "Nowhere else has better basics - straight-ahead steak, lamb, fresh fish, chicken & gargantuan mounds of onion loaf - than this Continental-American Steakhouse; but fantastic food is not the only draw - the festive atmosphere includes a way cool, crowded piano bar..." If great continental food in fine dining and casual dining with friendly atmosphere and world class live entertainment are your priorities, come to Vanessie. Fireplaces, exciting art, spaciousness, and lots of live music make Vanessie a local favorite.
El Paso, Texas
“Superior experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

The staff, food and overall experience at Vanessie was nothing short of superior!

This summer, my husband and I celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary at Vanessie in Santa Fe. It being a piano bar, I emailed the restaurant a couple weeks prior and explained that I wanted to surprise my husband with a tribute-- a song played at our wedding ceremony. Not only did the manager quickly reply, but she said the piano man would LEARN the song specifically for us.

On our visit, we were met by a gracious hostess who congratulated us on our special occasion and gave us complimentary champagne. Our meal was delicious and the surprises kept coming with a gratis dessert afterwards. Indeed, the piano man kept good to his word. He played "our song" and made an already entertaining night (with a large, jovial crowd) even more memorable and spectacular.

I cannot say enough about the staff. They were amazing! My husband and I travel quite a lot in the U.S. and internationally, and nowhere else have we been treated so exceptionally. It felt like we were back at our wedding, celebrating with friends and family.

If you are in Santa Fe, go to Vanessie! It is a MUST. We will certainly be back again and again.

Santa Fe
“Vanessie's has slipped badly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We live in Santa Fe and took some Chicago acquaintances to Vanessie's for dinner. The experience was unsatisfactory. First, we are in our mid-sixties and were the youngest customers there. The bar had an elderly pianist (who played very loudly songs like "Roll our the Barrel," and "I"m Forever Blowing Bubbles") and was surrounded by a raucous crowd of spinsters. Okay if you like a retirement community ambience, but not our cup of tea.

We sat in the back room to get away from the noise. And sat and sat and sat. Our waiter kept returning to the table to assure us that our food would "be right out," but it didn't appear for nearly an hour. He also kept interrupting our conversation.

The food itself was quite good, when it finally arrived. Roast beef, elk steak, a vegetarian "vegetable stack," -- nothing particulary innovative, but competently prepared and tasty. Our bottle of malbec was decent and fairly priced.

When it came time to pay our bill, our waiter, who throughout the dinner had been overly obtrusive, disappeared. and was nowhere to be found. Eventually, we went to the hostess station in order to pay.

Santa Fe has dozens of excellent restaurants in this price range. I'm afraid we've now crossed Vanessies off our list.

Philadelphia suburb
“great food for dinner, piano bar for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This restaurant is in an interesting and historic bldg.
The atmosphere inside is romantic in the dining area. The bar is huge with tables and seats at the bar. The best part is the great singer at the piano. You can enjoy dinner and stay for drinks or just enjoy either.

Tennessee
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

Excellent restaurant, food was great, ambiance was fantastic, waiter was wonderful. Absolutely nothing to complaint about!!!!!! A must if you are in Santa Fe.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Disgusting Customer Service! Rude, Deceitful, and Out of Touch!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

I have been to Sante Fe for 20 years; and many times to the piano bar. I made reservation for 7 for Valentine's Day, and paid the entire bill with a credit card. Afterwards, we went to the bar for a drink. Within five minutes, I was accosted by the server demanding I sign ANOTHER bill as they could not find the original. I showed them my copy, and asked to look again. Then the On-duty manager came, and demanded I resign the bill. I was shocked by her "storm-trooper "attitude. I did sign another bill, and we left.
One week later, I called and spoke to Kim, the owner's assistant. She apologized, and said they had had troubles with this Manager. She assured me things would be different next time, and then she offered to send me a certificate for the next visit. I waited, and waited, and NO certificate. I called once, and she said she had mailed the certificate one week earlier. I called again, and she would not return the call. I called again, and the Manager/Owner never returned the call. Bad service is awful; lying is disgusting!
Who are these folks in this difficult economic times?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere