“Great value plus great food plus great service = wonderful dining! Upstairs (+$2 pp) Avesome piano entertainment with David on w” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pranzo Italian Grill

Pranzo Italian Grill
540 Montezuma Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2587 (Historic District)
505-984-2645
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pranzo Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 473 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Historic District
Cross street: Guadalupe
Transit: Santa Fe terminus of New Mexico Railrunner Express is only 200 yards from Pranzo.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

Definitely recommend during time in SF. The staff is above average, and the food delicious! Free parking across the street. WiFi weak and some tables not at all.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“unpleasantness. with show tunes.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Pranzo reflects a growing trend in Santa Fe restaurants: servers inadequately trained in decent dining. It is not enough to just get food on the table (however late). A restaurant dining experience should involve pleasantness. The servers here act like - and as - bussers, and seem extremely harried, over-worked and annoyed that they have to stop cleaning tables to take customer orders and serve food and wine. They extend no gentility, no politeness, no pleasantness. They don't speak enough English to make communication comfortable for the diner. And the hostess? Shouldn't be working with people. Not a good first or last impression. Food-wise, this was Olive Garden at best, and one could do much better cooking at home. The piano player upstairs is delightful, but one can't possibly carry a conversation while he plays or while the singer belts (far too loudly). It is a concert, not background music. The Hostess should mention this to those she seats upstairs. I'd return only to listen to the piano music and to have a drink.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Centennial, Colorado
“Delectable Dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My spouse and I traveled to Santa Fe from Denver, Co to celebrate a significant anniversary. Celebrating the event at Pranzo Italian Grill was a perfect dining choice. We sat upstairs where the piano music set the tempo for our celebration. Our meals were delicious from the appetizer to the main course with an excellent wine list from which to choose. Wait staff was knowledgeable and present when we needed them.
We have recommended Pranzo as a "go to" restaurant when visiting Santa Fe and friends have always returned with rave reviews!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Extremely Disappointing Meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

A very disappointing meal I felt completely dissatisfied with the whole experience. I have going for many years and it will be a long time before I go back.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Worst disappointment EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We ate at Pranzos this year for Father's Day and it was the worst meal I've ever had. My husband, mother and her friend ordered the fillet, I had the lasagna and my kids had the macaroni. The fillets were burnt and sooo dry, my lasagna noodles were not fully cooked and even the parts that were-I was not impressed. The Mac and Cheese was so disgusting that my kids- who happen to love the stuff didn't even touch them. We would've been better off going to Olive Garden...Oh, and not to mention the waitress, if I find my ticket I'll post her name as a warning. She was SO rude! After everything, she had the nerve to give herself a 20% tip-Couldn't believe it!!!

• Visited June 2011