“Excellent soups!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, French
Temple, Texas
“Excellent soups!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We ate at Back Street Bistro on the recommendation of a store owner that we always do business with when in Santa Fe. We had the half sandwich and soup. Forget the sandwich and go for the soup! A cup of soup is really a bowl, in my opinion. My husband and I both had the Hungarian Mushroom--which was delicious! There were five or six soup choices. The place is not fancy, but it's crowded. We will be back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Worth finding this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

When yearning for good soup when visiting Santa Fe, this during the day spot should be considered. A white board list of soups traditional and innovative! The Hungarian Mushroom is my favorite. Cups are what other restaurants serve as bowls. Soups are a better bet than the sandwiches which can disappoint. Off the beaten tourist path but prices are quite reasonable. There is also a community table!

Visited January 2014
“Great Soup!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

A cold weather lunchtime staple. I love the soups at Back Street Bistro. My favorite is the Hungarian Mushroom, which is usually on the menu. The exact soups available on any one day are varied and varying. The ambiance is utilitarian, so f you want fancy or "Santa Fe Style" this is not the place for you... which is probably why it's always filled with locals.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious! If you love soup GO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was in Santa Fe accompanying my bf on a convention. I felt like soup for lunch, and he loves sandwiches so we found Back Street Bistro on the internet. I LOVED it. Firstly, they make everything there - including yummy lemonade and all the desserts.
They have an extensive soup menu - 4 to 6 soups daily with vegan and veg options. You can look online to see what they offer each day. I had the Hungarian Mushroom and just swooned. It's soooooo delicious. Probably the most delicious bowl of soup I've ever had, and I love soup! It was so good we went back for lunch on the day I left. BF also enjoyed his reuben and hot dog. And the brownie and cookies!
The ambience is like your grandma's cute little kitchen - quaint, tidy and easy to be.
I highly recommend Back Street Bistro if you want a great soup/salad/sandwich lunch. It's a solid choice :)
They also had gluten free options, as another reviewer mentioned.
And parking - they have easy parking.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Santa Fe's own Soup Nazi (Seinfeld reference)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not really a Nazi... ha. Really really good soup and sandwiches. Think crunchy warm bread and fresh deli meats dipped in a creamy soup. Definitely an off the path local hangout that is worth checking out

Visited August 2013