“Skip the Restaurant and Eat in the Bar” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pink Adobe

Pink Adobe
406 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2770 (Downtown)
+1 505-983-7712
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 472 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse, Continental
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Located in an historic 300 year old adobe building in Santa Fe's oldest neighborhood. The Pink Adobe has been a Santa Fe tradition since 1944. Founded by Rosalea Murphy, the Pink is a unique blend of culinary delights, Santa Fe style and a true City Different experience. Today, Rosalea's family continues this tradition by offering menu favorites from the past 60 years served with our warm Santa Fe hospitality.
Texas
“Skip the Restaurant and Eat in the Bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

In my opinion, the Pink Adobe restaurant is nothing special anymore. My last couple of visits there made me wish it was still as good as it once was.
I decided to try something different when I was there during winter storm Boreas. So I ordered the grilled salmon, which turned out to be disappointing.
Next time I'll stick to the bar menu in their dragon room where I've had good burgers.

Visited November 2013

New Jersey
“Cozy Girls' Night Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The atmosphere is lovely. The night I went with my friend and her daughter was a chilly one, so we relished sitting by the fire.
I got the chicken enchiladas. Just fine, but not out of this world.
The salsa/pico is fresh and just as I would want it to be. Portions are generous. If you do not eat heavy dinners (like me), then you might prefer to split the trio or the enchiladas.
The Silver Margarita, or whatever it was called, is great. Fresh lime juice, not that Rose's sh$t.

Visited February 2014
Rowlett, Texas
“Business dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had a perfect steak - a cut I'd never heard of before, but it was excellent. Way more food than I could eat! All of my party had very nice meals and generous servings. Very quaint atmosphere.

Visited January 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Dinner in Santa Fe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We made reservations the day we wanted to have dinner, so couldn't get a reservation until 8:30. We went early, and were able to get a table in their bar with no trouble at all. You have to ask, but you can order off of their full restaurant menu from the bar. We were more than fine sitting in the bar rather than waiting another hour for our reservation. I had enchiladas and my husband had the Steak Dunigan. Apparently his entree was on the Food Networks' show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate." We swapped plates half way through, so we could both try it. It was very good, but I don't think it qualifies as the best I've ever had. Entree prices are a tad high, but reasonable. I think the steak was $30, but you also get a potato, creamed spinach and asparagus. The location is walkable from the Plaza. Maybe a 15 min walk.

TX
“Good, not great. Nice service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were there last weekend. We failed to make a reservation, but we were able to sit in the bar and be served from the full menu. I would say that the food is good, but not great. The prices adequately reflect that. I had the seafood enchiladas which were just average. My wife had the shrimp, which were very large and cooked very well. The couple with us had two different styles of steaks, both of which were good. This is not a fancy gourmet style of food. It's a little plainer, but still good. Our service in the bar was excellent. I would probably go back, but not go out of my way to eat here.

• Visited February 2014