“One of the Best upscale Restaurants in Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinner For Two is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 414 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W San Francisco St.
Transit: Dinner for Two is four blocks from the train station; And on the walking path to the Plaza along Guadalupe and San Fransisco Streets.
Description: Dinner for Two is a family owned restaurant that has a comfortable, intimate atmosphere for parties large or small. Our local 'regulars' call us "a great value in fine dining". Multi-award winning: including Wine Spectator and "top 10 in southwest" We are happy to host dinners for organizations, or private celebrations from 2 to 60, everything is made in-house so special diets are easily accommodated: allergies, gluten free, etc. "Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
Folsom, California
“One of the Best upscale Restaurants in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I decided to go to Dinner For Two our last night in town, after visiting for the weekend from Sacramento, CA. We were not disappointed. The menu offered nice variety of entrees. I had the lamb loin chops and my wife had the baramundi (fish) and both were prepared perfectly and very tasty. We also had the cesar salad for two, prepared tableside first. If you haven't ever or not for awhile, this is a wonderful experience having a beatiful salad prepared from scratch before you eyes. Delicious! I enjoyed a nice glass (okay two) of Syrah from the extensive wine list that included many great choices by the glass. The atmosphere was just perfect with live classical guitar in background all night. We finished our evening with a dessert called coffee and donuts. No coffee drink in it, but we loved this unique twist on the New Orleans pastry favorite.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and comfortably upscale dining room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food was well prepared and service very attentive. We took advantage of the Sunday night special pricing, which made for excellent value.

Visited April 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“I wanted to love it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

From the afternoon we arrived in Santa Fe until walking in the door for our 7pm reservation four days later, I looked forward to our dinner at Table for two. With mostly good trip advisor reviews and the recommendation from the staff at our hotel I was confident we'd really enjoy. We did not enjoy and do recommend dining here. My traveling companion and I like good, well prepared food and it's difficult to give this negative review. We were seated immediatley upon arrival and were welcomed by our great waiter. His service was the best part of the meal. We had the crab cake appetizer, cesaer salad for two and two lamb entrees. The best part of the meal was the calamari ceviche that came with the mostly breadcrumb filled crab cakes. The cesaer salad although made with fresh seeming ingredients at the table lacked the tangy saltiness that makes a cesaer special. Both of our lamb entrees were extremely tough making cutting and chewing a chore. In addition, the meat lacked the wonderful flavors I had anticipated....It really had no flavor. We dined on a Sunday night and as such, desserts were included with our meals. We both opted for the strawberry pound cake. It was surprising to note the pound cake to very likely be store bought and the whipped cream identical to that bought in a can. While the restaurant had nothing to do with the table behind us that included two men who were talking so loud about how much money they had and were spending on their children's college degrees and their own college degrees it along with being dissatisfied with the food created a hugely disappointing experience. There are so many unique restaurants in Santa Fe, we highly suggest you find another one for dinner. If you read some of my other reviews you will see there were several in area well worth trying. (The salad, two entrees' and desserts cost $90 with tax and tip. Our appetizer was free as we had a discount coupon from our hotel.)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Heber City, Utah
“Caesar salad was incredible all else below avg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I hope it was an off night... While Caesar salad was world class all else was disappointing. Our last memory is walking out of the restaurant with no good bye or thank you - then in the parking lot are 2 employees smoking and they do not acknowledge us. Sad...

Visited April 2013
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Doesn't deserve a top rating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The first time I tried this restaurant, the food was mediocre, but the service was okay. We arrived before the dinner hour, so there was not a rush. The second time my husband and I tried this restaurant about a month ago, during the dinner hour, the service was horrible, the food lived up to restaurant's reputation, but the long wait for any service and horrible service made it difficult to enjoy the food because we were soooo frustrated -- it took about 45 minutes to obtain bread and up to an hour before we received our appetizers. For the entree, my husband ordered medium rare steak and lobster; the waitress had confirmed three times that the steak should be medium rare. Then she showed up with two lobsters. This was after a total of 2 hours had gone by -- we should have walked out. The waitress seem to be in a daze. Tonight my daughter's group of six teenagers went to the restaurant; my daughter inquired on obtaining soup or salad, and the waiter rudely informed her that it was up to the staff on whether or not they would supply the soup or salad. They didn't receive it. Then when the teenagers received the bill (six of them), a 20% gratuity was forced upon them, and this was after being rudely treated, and the food was overpriced. This is almost criminal. Never again. This place has a lot of audacity and I recommend to stay away. There are other much better places in Santa Fe that don't treat customers like garbage.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere