“OK for lunch and a drink” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Del Charro Saloon

Del Charro Saloon
at Inn of the Governors, 101 West Alameda, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)
505-954-0320
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Los Angeles
“OK for lunch and a drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Depends on what you want. This place has limited ambience. Just a bar, some tables and a few TV's. That said, the drinks are good and the food is pretty decent which is why locals show up there. Potato salad was very good - hamburgers OK - margaritas were very good.

Visited April 2013

Palo Alto, CA
“Excellent food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This bar/lounge/restaurant is located in the Inn of the Governors. The menu is limited, as befits a bar restaurant, but the selections are interesting. We ate there twice and all the dishes we had were very good. Service was very prompt and friendly. Best of all, the prices were very, very reasonable. We did not sample any of their drinks.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, Canada
“A very good lunch at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were visiting Santa Fe for the day and stopped to get information at the Tourist Office. On leaving we asked where might be a good, but reasonable place to have lunch. We were advised that they liked Del Charro Saloon just down the street. We arrived just after noon and the place was packed, but luckily we found a table for 2 in the Saloon side. Despite being very busy we were waited on quickly and our waitress was cheerful and friendly. The menu had a limited selection, but good variety. My wife ordered the House Marg and I tried the Santa Fe Brewing IPA. The Marg was a generous size and my wife thought it tasted very good. I really liked the beer so had a second. As we pondered what to have to eat the gentleman at the table beside us offered that his Adovada Burrito was very good, if I liked spicy food, so I ordered that and my wife had the Chef's Caesar with salmon. Despite being very busy we were served quickly. The quality of the food was definitely better than most pub's we thought. The real plus was when we received the bill, I had to look twice thinking they must have neglected to charge for something, but no it was correct. All in all a very good lunch for a very reasonable price.
My only regret is we don't live closer as Del Charro would certainly become a favorite for sure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rescue, California, United States
“Fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

.....and oh so cheap. Bikers, cops and tourists. Loud and fun. Good bar food.Try the hot fudge sundae!

Visited March 2013
Houston
“Great Margs and people watching!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The house margarita was recommended to us by our waiter,a nd it was by far the very best I have had in a long time. Fresk lemon and lime and th tequila was so smooth it made me have to watch my intake! Simply delicious. Food was good, and considerably above average for "bar food". Service was good and our waiter definitely knew how to handle 6-7 tables at once and not drop the ball. He may have been busy, but he never made us feel forgotten. If you are staying near the plaza, this is definitely worth a stop - and they are open late!

Visited March 2013