“Come on....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cleopatra Cafe

Cleopatra Cafe
418 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2637 (Downtown)
505-820-7381
Neighborhood: Downtown
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Come on....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

So I use to really enjoy this place. I made a call in to see about doing a large group order, they then left me waiting on like for twenty minutes. I understand that things can get busy so I just held on the line. Then the phone mysteriously hung up. I called back and she said sorry, then hung up the phone again. ( I am on a landl ine, this was not my phone) Okay I understand, no big deal. I call back a third time where the phone is just sat down as I can hear the woman who answered the phone going about a conversation with another employee...After about 45 min of trying to place an order, I was like "forget it!" This was extremely obnoxious as I was making the order for a large group and they were waiting!

So, I figured maybe it was just a bad night in customer service. It happens...

Then this past week i go to get some take out for myself and find a hair in my food...I guess that really just pushed me to write a review...

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Very Unique but Classic Santa Fe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very tired and hungry when we stopped for a quick bit to eat. Pleasantly surprised to have come on the day that bellydancing was the entertainment. This quickly cheered us up and made for an enjoyable evening. The food was also great! Lovely hummus and an Egyptian moussaka full of soft eggplant and a comforting paprika spiciness. We gobbled everything up with very nice warm and soft pita bread. Service was prompt and attentive but not intrusive. It's not true sitdown service as you seat yourself and order and pay at the counter first, which seems to be the way in longstanding local favorite Santa Fe restaurants. The space is very big and sound carries due to a lot of hard surfaces. The sound system for the bellydancing made for a noisy but fun time. Got up for our own refills of coffee which was a little odd, but nobody seemed to mind us walking a bit past the ordering counter to help ourselves. A bit pricey, which seems typical of Santa Fe, but delicous.

Visited November 2012
Lucedale, Ms
“A Needed Change in Cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We sought out this out of the way place because we had eaten all the Mexican - cheesy food that we could take. The location is inside a warehouse / mall building. Doesn't look like much but the hummus was great, and our entrees were pretty good too. Staff was friendly. The salad that came with My meal was very good.

Visited October 2012
Colorado
“Decent Mediterranean food at a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

A decent Mediterranean food at a good value, especially for Santa Fe!

The outside entrance is not very welcoming, like a strip mall with darkened windows. We've passed by before and could not tell it was open. But, the inside is surprisingly nice and large loft-like space with high ceilings and some interesting artwork.

As others have Yelped, it does sort of remind me of higher-end food-court experience but with better artwork and furnishings. And while we've had better Mediterranean food, overall it was pretty good...
* Hummus - respectable flavor and texture.

* Tabbouleh - a bit dry, but as a side-salad is was OK.

* Dolmas - again a bit dry and basic, but they worked.

* Green Salad - basic, but fresh and a large portion.

* Egyptian Falafel - due to use Fava beans, it was very different from traditional chick pea Falafal. I liked it, but my partner wasn't so keen on the flavor.

* Chicken meat - not our favorite. It was stewed in a very odd tangy sauce (should have listened to the order taker at the counter who was also not a fan.)

* Gyros - meat was VERY good (and cut off the spit), but the sandwich was short on Tzatziki sauce and super skimpy on tomatoes. We would have asked for more, but at that moment of discovery the counter was swamped customers waiting to order. Other than that, it was a good plate of food.

Overall, if you're looking for good value Mediterranean food, we would recommend Cleopatra Cafe (especially if you're headed to the movies.)

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Yummy Mediterranean Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place is delicious. It is very reasonably price. I've gotten lunch here several times for $5 + tax. The hummus is tasty. The gyros are some of the best in town. Service is fast. Salads good. I've only been for lunch, but never had a bad experience.

Visited July 2012