“Been eating here for over 30 years” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Guadalupe Cafe

Guadalupe Cafe
406 Old Santa Fe Trl, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2770 (Downtown)
505-982-9762
Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 464 restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Soups, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
New Mexico
“Been eating here for over 30 years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food has almost always been excellent, and the red chile is still terrific. I love the Eggs Florentine for breakfast. Wish they had not stopped serving dinner. The waiter was evasive when I asked him why... The service is hit or miss--especially at lunch. Have walked out a couple of times in recent years when no one showed up to take my order for 20 minutes or more.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

76% Recommend
Portland
“Best Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The best huevos rancheros I've ever had. Huge serving. Cute little cafe located on the edge of the plaza. Great service.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, CA
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

After a slew of restaurants that were less than impressive, this was breath of fresh air (not to mention finally a good red enchilada sauce). Had a lovely lunch outdoors. Enchiladas were good (choose "Christmas style" to get both red and green chile sauce), although the portions were more than I could handle. Would have been back for the breakfast if we'd had longer in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Orange, California
“Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were attracted to this restaurant during our stay in Santa Fe by TA reviews and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is a short walk from the plaza so parking was not an issue for us. We had to wait for 15 minutes or so because we were there late morning on a Sunday it is so popular but when we were seated our server came up immediately and offered us coffee and menus. We decided to sit inside as it was a little windy outside but the patio looks very nice and has a nice view of the park and surrounding streets. I had "Migas" or "Crumbs" for the small tortilla chips with the egg dish and my husband had the chili relleno special. Our mouths water just writing this as both dishes were superb. Great food, great service but be patient. You will be rewarded.

Albuquerque, NM
“Always great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

For as many times as I have eaten here, I always forget to review it. It has to be one my favorites in SF for breakfast. Can get a little crowded, but you never seem to wait long, and they will serve you coffee while you wait. Has off street parking, so you do not have to deal with the sometimes crazy downtown SF parking.

Has a patio for those nice days. I cannot think of anything I have had here that I did not like. Was just there this past weekend and had breakfast chile rellenos stuffed with sausage and topped with over easy eggs and green chile. Also came with potatoes and tortillas, I could not finish, but it was amazing.