“Tasty and Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Farol Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 414 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Public transit is available on Canyon Road. Call or visit Santa Fe Trails for current schedules.
Description: The El Farol experience combines classic tastes of Spain, Santa Fe and Mexico with a unique blend of art, dance, flavor and aroma. You will be able to choose some of the finest wines and sherries the world has to offer in an upbeat, rustic 1835 adobe where the walls tell stories of artists, poets, lovers, local history and beauty.
Yuma, Arizona
“Tasty and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch during a weeklong visit to Santa Fe. Spanish food is one of my favorites, and I was not disappointed. We were eating light so I had only the fried avocado tapas and posole clam chowder. Both were outstanding - fresh, perfectly prepared and unique. My husband is a less adventurous eater and stuck to chicken fajitas, which he reports were "yummy". Service was good. Not as expert as the food but certainly sufficient. We were seated on the patio and the people watching on Canyon Road was engaging. All in all, the best meal I had in Santa Fe.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great place to top when shopping for art!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great tapas, good beer, friendly service! Take a break from buying or looking at art on Canyon Road in Santa Fe. We stopped for a break and were glad we did.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stale food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Everything tasted like it was cooked in 1975. Terrible. The service was also slow and the waiter seemed like he had little knowledge of the restaurant. I felt like a small horse gnawing on yeAr old bread as people sneered in my direction. The bread blotated me and I felt like a donkey

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Fair tapas, decent service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

El Farol's reputation is very good, but the current incarnation of the food does not live up to its reputation. There are many better places for tapas in Santa Fe. We won't return to El Farol.

Visited March 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Try the octopus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

the octopus was very good, but nothing else was unusually good. Outdoor seating in the gallery district made it a good choice for our first night, but we didn't want to spend a whole lot every night, so we didn't return. Good local flavor, worth a visit, located in an old adobe building! Live music.

Visited July 2014