“Yummy and unique” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Yummy and unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Excellent food -- a totally original menu that spices up the traditional New Mexican fare. Yes, it's tiny and pricey, so be prepared to wait and pay and be cozy and intimate with other restaurant-goers. But the food is fresh, organic and definitely hits the spot.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Wildly overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I've been going to Cafe Pasqual's for years, but now that I'm a resident of Santa Fe, I go there rarely. I do send visitors there and recently had dinner with them, which prompted this review. The prices have gone up astronomically and the food was just not worth it. Nothing unusual or interesting, and sadly, didn't even seem all that fresh. Service was also mediocre. My visitors went on the trolley tour of Santa Fe and the tour guide pointed out Pasqual's as not to be missed. Maybe it's become too much a tourist destination. I think breakfast is still good there but I wouldn't go for lunch or dinner unless you have low standards. I hope the owners of Pasqual's take note, we all used to enjoy going there. Better dining elsewhere in Santa Fe. I gave it three stars instead of two because of the breakfasts and conviviality at the communal table, which can be fun, especially if you're traveling alone.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“I am dreaming about it right now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The HUEVOS BARBACOA CON CHILE D'ARBOL SALSA I ate for breakfast was so incredibly delicious I had to go back the next day for lunch. I learned the above item was on the Food Network show "Best Thing I Ever Ate" and it certainly ranked up there for me. I went back today for lunch and can recommend the enchiladas as well. The food is incredibly flavourful and beautifully prepared.

Visited August 2014
USA
“As Advertised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Agree with the general consensus here that the food is varied and very good. But also overly expensive. Probably will try some comparable restaurants in the area before going making a return visit.

MO
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is such a happy place...the decor just makes you happy...but the food will too! This place is very tiny...they need to expand...the service was timely, the people friendly, and they had some of the best Yucatan chicken salad and mole chicken enchiladas we have ever had, and we travel the Yucatan at least twice a year. It is not cheap...but the food is worth it...

• Visited July 2014