“Nice quiet place with great food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mucho Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 464 restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between E. Alameda & Palace Ave
Description: Fresh authentic Mexican cuisine. Gluten free items available.
Colorado
“Nice quiet place with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Mucho Gusto is a wonderful little restaurant with great New Mexican cuisine. It's off the beaten path of the Plaza but well within walking distance to all of the lodging nearby. It's clean, quiet and worth a try. One thing to note, it's beer and wine only.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Indianapolis
“Worth seeking out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I went to Mucho Gusto using "nearby restaurants" on my TripAdvisor app and am glad that I had lunch here. The salsas are terrific and my grilled trout special was perfect. I was unsure about the establishment b/c it is in shopping center but don't let that deter you.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The service, and the high quality of the food at MUCHO GUSTO
will guarantee that we are repeat customers. Excellent !

Visited July 2013
Seattle, WA
“Unassuming, outstanding restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We didn't have any trouble finding it after reading the other reviews! We though it has a cute, simple atmosphere. 2 things to know #1 - does not have a full bar. I love tequila with my mexican food, but not here. Beer/Wine/Sangria and a "margarita" made with wine are your alcoholic choices. margarita sounds funny but was yummy. #2: They charge $4 for chips and salsa and $11 for guac and chips. And you don't get a lot of either. After two drinks and chips, we were into this for $30 already....

Sounds like I'm complaining but NO! We didn't like it, but we LOVED it. Ate there twice out of 4 nights and there are a lot of choices in Sanfa Fe. Chicken Bomb is crazy. Even boring fajitas are the best I ever tasted. Everything is good. Staff is friendly. No wait to sit down, while there were long waits at other palces. Can't wait to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great meal in Santa Fe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Friends who live in Santa Fe took us to lunch here. It is a small place tucked in the back corner of a small strip mall. It would be hard for tourists to find so that probably explains why it was mostly locals there. I had a delicious chicken mole that had such deep flavors without being overly spicy as some foods in NM have a tendency to be. I would probably have a hard time ordering something else on the menu since I liked this so much. My friends had the green chili cheese enchiladas and the rock shrimp tacos. They both raved about their choices and left nothing on their plates just like me. The service was efficient and prompt. I can't really remember anything about the décor but for me the food is the most important thing and this food was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere