“Best Italian” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria D' Assisi

Osteria D' Assisi
58 South Federal Place, Santa Fe, NM 87501-1967 (Downtown)
(505) 986-5858
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria D' Assisi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 473 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Osteria d'Assisi was opened in 1995, in a renovated home in the historic downtown district of Santa Fe. The restaurant is named after the city of Santa Fe's patron saint, Saint Francis, who was born in the town of Assisi in Italy. Italian h'osteria's are known for their authentic cuisine served in a homelike, warm & friendly atmosphere. The Osteria d'Assisi features regional Italian cuisine, utilizing the time honored Mediterranean approach to preparing food with olive oil and fresh ingredients. Our menu includes fresh seafood, locally grazed beef, veal and lamb, house made pasta, fresh bread baked daily, gourmet pizza and creative desserts.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

By far the best Italian restaurant in Santa Fe. They use the best organic and local ingredients and its just superb service, clean atmosphere and wonderful food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winter Park, FL
“If you love coconut, do not miss their pie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We came here after failing to make a reservation at the highest-rated restaurants; the desk man at La Fonda said we'd love this, and he was so right. The service was excellent. Our entrees were delicious. And I'll definitely come back next time I'm in Santa Fe for one of the best desserts of my life - their coconut pie.

San Diego, California
“Awesome food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stopped here our first night in Santa Fe. Exceptional food and exceptional service. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tuscola, Illinois
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

First time here et thought food was wonderful.....was packed. We sat inside as was windy night but either outside or inside is good. Spouse et I had different entrees et both were excellent. Seemed to be many locals eating here. Enjoyed the Italian food as a change from our southwestern choices during our visit. Would recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illinois 50-something
“Had a superb lunch here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

It's not always easy to find great food in a tourist area, but we lucked into Osteria d'Assisi for lunch and found it very reasonably priced ($10-15 range) to boot. My husband decided to go the safe route and ordered the Panino Tacchino Fontina (turkey baguette sandwich) which was tasty, but I wanted to be adventurous and try an Italian dish. After reading the many appetizing choices from which to pick, I decided on the Torta Milanese, and I was glad I did. It was delicious! It was a vegetarian casserole with "roasted" zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and butternut squash, cheeses, tomato and basil pesto sauce. After tasting it, my husband envied my choice, and I lovingly allowed him to eat half, trading him for half of his remaining sandwich. In researching the restaurant's website afterwards, I discovered that both of Osteria's chefs have authentic Italian cooking backgrounds which translated into my delicious dish. We ate at about 2 pm midweek, and it was not busy at the time. We opted to eat inside, as our August day was starting to heat up, but there were a number of people eating in the umbrella-covered outdoor seating area along the side of the building. We ate at 3 other restaurants while on our visit to Santa Fe. Without question, I had the tastiest meal at Osteria's.

• Visited August 2013