“Outstanding dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Geronimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 475 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Sol
Description: Elegant fine dining in a 1756 adobe house. Santa Fe's only Mobil 4 Star/ AAA 4 Diamond Restaurant.
Georgetown, Texas, United States
“Outstanding dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is a must try experience when in Santa Fe. Dine on the outdoor patio when weather permits. Chris and Sally were superb hosts making us feel as if we were regulars. They have an incredible wine selection. I dined on tenderloin of elk over roasted garlic mashed potatoes with green beans. This meal was over the top! A 10 of 5 stars. This was hands down one of the best meals I have ever eaten. My wife had the strip steak cooked medium which in my opinion ruins a good cut of beef, but, being the good husband I cringed and looked the other way. She said her meal was very, very good which I will have to accept since I wasn't interested in trying an over cooked peice of beef. The attention to detail by the waitstaff was unparalleled. I have never had better service by a team of servers. Do not go to Santa Fe with out trying this gem of a dining experience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Geronimo is a wonderful restaurant on Canyon Rd. It is off the plaza so it has a much more quiet and intimate feel than you will find closer to downtown. Everything we had was delicious, especially the elk dish. Definitely worth a visit as I know we will be returning.

San Antonio
“A REALLY nice meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Geronimo's continues to serve a great meal - yes, it's not inexpensive, but you know you are going to have a true dining experience. The atmosphere and service is excellent, and you won't forget your meal!

London
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited Santa Fe in July and decided to take our friends from santa fe to dinner and choose Geronimo.
We were seated in an area at the back of the restaurant, which felt a little out of the way.
I thought that the service was pretentious - I had the feeling that the waiter was looking down his nose at us.
My starter of the tuna sashimi was delicious and made me think that the rest of the meal would be equally good. My main course of lamb chops was awful _ 3 very mediocre sized chops ( 2 of which were so fatty and hardly any meat on them), some broccoli with a sickly sauce, and potato pancakes which looked like they had been cooked days before and just heated up. I decided not to go for desert. The waiter did ask if I wanted to take home the remainders of the meal that I hadnt eaten...my answer was no thankyou!
The meal for four people with wine and an aperitif came to $500.00. Had the price been half that amount I would have still thought that it was overpriced for the quality of food that we had.
Would certainly not visit it again
All in all very dissapointing

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Would not accommodate us in any way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We are getting married in October and wanted to have dinner here. We called in June and were told it was too early to reserve for October, so we waited until the date they gave us to request this again. From the very beginning the restaurant was aware we have ten people in our party. We called on the date they had told us we could request the reservation (still months away) and were told we could very likely be accommodated but that we would have to choose a later time in the evening. The time suggested by the person taking the reservation was 8:30. We thought this time would be okay, but we asked that if an earlier time was available we would like that better, since the wedding will be over by 7pm. We were then told that the request would still need to be run by one other person before we got the final approval no matter what the time (8:30 or earlier). So, in short...a lot of conflicting information. Today we received a voicemail message saying we could not be accommodated at any time. At all. Nada. Not gonna happen.

Very strange, since we have heard only raves about this restaurant in the ten years we have been visiting Santa Fe. We thought our wedding would the time to splurge. Guess not! I realize it is a small restaurant but this far in advance you would think there could have been some kind of solution.

I am sure the food is good and probably everything about it is stellar, but I cannot judge that, as we are not being given the opportunity. What is not stellar is how our request to dine there was handled. The restaurant was not booked when we requested a reservation in June. As mentioned, we were told to call back at a later date, which we did. And were still told 'no.' Why not just a 'no' from the very beginning, then? That would have been more kind. We had to start our search all over again and with not as much lead time.