“Wonderful Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Geronimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 418 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: French, American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Sol
Description: Elegant fine dining in a 1756 adobe house. Santa Fe's only Mobil 4 Star/ AAA 4 Diamond Restaurant.
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Geronimo is a wonderful restaurant on Canyon Rd. It is off the plaza so it has a much more quiet and intimate feel than you will find closer to downtown. Everything we had was delicious, especially the elk dish. Definitely worth a visit as I know we will be returning.

San Antonio
“A REALLY nice meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Geronimo's continues to serve a great meal - yes, it's not inexpensive, but you know you are going to have a true dining experience. The atmosphere and service is excellent, and you won't forget your meal!

London
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited Santa Fe in July and decided to take our friends from santa fe to dinner and choose Geronimo.
We were seated in an area at the back of the restaurant, which felt a little out of the way.
I thought that the service was pretentious - I had the feeling that the waiter was looking down his nose at us.
My starter of the tuna sashimi was delicious and made me think that the rest of the meal would be equally good. My main course of lamb chops was awful _ 3 very mediocre sized chops ( 2 of which were so fatty and hardly any meat on them), some broccoli with a sickly sauce, and potato pancakes which looked like they had been cooked days before and just heated up. I decided not to go for desert. The waiter did ask if I wanted to take home the remainders of the meal that I hadnt eaten...my answer was no thankyou!
The meal for four people with wine and an aperitif came to $500.00. Had the price been half that amount I would have still thought that it was overpriced for the quality of food that we had.
Would certainly not visit it again
All in all very dissapointing

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Would not accommodate us in any way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We are getting married in October and wanted to have dinner here. We called in June and were told it was too early to reserve for October, so we waited until the date they gave us to request this again. From the very beginning the restaurant was aware we have ten people in our party. We called on the date they had told us we could request the reservation (still months away) and were told we could very likely be accommodated but that we would have to choose a later time in the evening. The time suggested by the person taking the reservation was 8:30. We thought this time would be okay, but we asked that if an earlier time was available we would like that better, since the wedding will be over by 7pm. We were then told that the request would still need to be run by one other person before we got the final approval no matter what the time (8:30 or earlier). So, in short...a lot of conflicting information. Today we received a voicemail message saying we could not be accommodated at any time. At all. Nada. Not gonna happen.

Very strange, since we have heard only raves about this restaurant in the ten years we have been visiting Santa Fe. We thought our wedding would the time to splurge. Guess not! I realize it is a small restaurant but this far in advance you would think there could have been some kind of solution.

I am sure the food is good and probably everything about it is stellar, but I cannot judge that, as we are not being given the opportunity. What is not stellar is how our request to dine there was handled. The restaurant was not booked when we requested a reservation in June. As mentioned, we were told to call back at a later date, which we did. And were still told 'no.' Why not just a 'no' from the very beginning, then? That would have been more kind. We had to start our search all over again and with not as much lead time.

Australia
“Best food in Santa fe we've tried so far, says the old honeymooners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

After a few nights of very disappointing food, we were skeptical about another dinner experience. To put it in a few words, "this food is better with each bite and makes you want to eat more." The professionalism of our waitress, from holland, the beauty of the surroundings, the food both presented and cooked with finally finally skill. The elk was melt in your mouth perfect, the sauce accompanying it enhanced the flavors, and the mashed potatoes, how to ruin mashed potatoes? Our first restaurant did, these were like my Grandma used to make bringing tears to my eyes. So good was the food, so attentive the service, we booked for our last night in Santa fe. Yes, we would like to try other restaurants, but when you hit on a sure thing you don't want to waste your time. Not overpriced for service and skill in food preparation. You will enjoy and remember!

• Visited August 2014