“An apology would have been nice” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Geronimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 473 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Sol
Description: Elegant fine dining in a 1756 adobe house. Santa Fe's only Mobil 4 Star/ AAA 4 Diamond Restaurant.
Libertyville, Illinois
“An apology would have been nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I went to Geronimo a week ago and the service and atmosphere were great. Our appetizer and desert were wonderful. I ordered their signature dish -- elk -- for a main course. While enjoying my dinner, I had one mouthful of food which didn't quite taste right. This did not repeat itself so I continued through dinner and desert. Upon getting my car, I started to experience severe stomach cramps. Sparing the details, let's just say that I was happy our hotel was only a mile away.

My guess is that one of the mushrooms was bad. I sent a note to the restaurant to make them aware of the problem I had. I was not looking for compensation but it would have been nice to receive a note back acknowledging and/or apologizing for the incident. As of yet, I have had no response. I would have expected more from a restaurant of this caliber.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Amazing food/service/evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

OMG seriously amazing. This evening was so fabulous - from the incredible service (Thank you Danny and Nicole!) to the phenomenal food to the ambiance - it was just a perfect evening. I could not say enough great things about this place and if there was a 6 star option, I would give it :) Order the elk tenderloin, you won't regret it!

Rochester, New York
“Good food served too quickly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a delicious meal here, but were disappointed in the service, given the expense. The service was so rushed that my pre-dinner drink order for a glass of wine didn't appear until after my appetizer arrived, shortly after we ordered, and there was no lingering between courses, so we were through with appetizers, mains, AND dessert in 70 minutes! Also, given the space in the restaurant, we weren't pleased to be seated right between 2 other couples, when there were plenty of vacant tables that they could have used to give us more space. They may have been reserved for later use, but at the rate they turn the tables, they could have spread us out more...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Caeur D Alene
“If you have to ask how much a plate costs, keep walking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is a place for taste lovers and presentation critics.
The restaurant is worth driving from Albuquerque, I was on my way to Los Alamos for business and made the stop. Have been recommending this place for the last 2 years.
The Cesar salad is something special and if I was to be in the area, meaning within 100 miles, I would go there to have the Elk Steak. Sweet, tender and tasty.

• Visited October 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Geronimo Is Fine Dining and a Winderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been to Geronimo in a few years, and it was even better than I remembered. Immaculate and intimate dining rooms, fine art from the neighboring galleries, gracious and knowledgeable service, and food that was inventive without being over-thought. This is truly fine dining at its best, and you just can't go wrong. About $200 per person included a craft cocktail and a very good bottle of wine. The appetizers and salads are generous, and the staff will gladly split them for sharing. Don't miss the foie gras.