“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Geronimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 414 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Sol
Description: Elegant fine dining in a 1756 adobe house. Santa Fe's only Mobil 4 Star/ AAA 4 Diamond Restaurant.
Washington, D.C
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I travel often for work, and therefore dine out frequently. I do not usually bother with reviews, but this was a memorable experience worth recognizing.
The concierge recommended Geronimo. My wife was traveling with me, and I wanted a special night.

Danny was our server: she was personable and professional, and made our night extra special (helped choose wine, split our salads, sent a taste of soup and made sure the spicy sauce was on the side for my wife). I usually have many questions about food and wine, which she answered in depth. The staff (bartender, hostess, owner, busser) were notably helpful and friendly. Trust me, service like this is rare and makes the amazing food taste even better. Get the Elk.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alabama
“Geronimo has it all, superb food, excellent service and soothing ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Recently we had the pleasure of dining at Geronimo 2 nights. Brook was our server both nights and was professional, friendly and helpful. The food was superb both nights. The first night I tried their Wasabi Caesar and my husband the strawberry and spring roll salad. Both were excellent. He ordered the elk tenderloin & apple-wood smoked bacon, one of their signature dishes and myself the grilled Hawaiian ahi tuna. Both were perfection, beautiful presentation and oh so good!
The second night we shared Maryland blue crab cakes --crab is one of my most favorite foods and these were top notch, served with caviar dill sauce, braised leeks and baby watercress salad--what dreams are made of! I tried the fiery sweet chile and honey grilled Mexican white prawns, another of their signature dishes and my husband the grilled tuna. Both dishes were fantastic. The presentation of the prawns was gorgeous they were placed on jasmine almond rice cakes, with frisee' red onion salad and Yuzu basil aioli. Dessert was mandarin orange "creamsicle" cake--I am not a big fan of dessert but that was heavenly.
Geronimo does it right, everything comes together for a memorable dining experience. It could be compared to a finely tuned musical instrument--a place of total dining pleasure.
I look forward to our next trip to Santa Fe and an opportunity to dine at Geronimo. Tops in every way!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wow- GREAT meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our party of 4 dined at Geronimo last Saturday night. In a word- fantastic! We started off with cocktails. The star was the Huckleberry Quinn- a blueberry lemondrop martini with 5 spices in the froth. Sounded unusual, but the server said it is very popular. Best drink I have ever had, hands down!
On to appetizers. Crabcakes and tuna tartare were both very much enjoyed. We each had something different for our entrees: lobster, seabass, tuna and elk.
Each of us declared that OUR meal was the best:) This really was an outstanding meal. The kind of expensive meal that you don't regret, because it was worth every penny. Would return in a heartbeat!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland Oregon
“Disappointed:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were so excited to try this restaurant after reading all the positive reviews, but it's overpriced and service was not outstanding. The waiter looked very bored and none engaging. You would expect to get some warm attention in a well promoted-expensive restaurant like this. I ordered a $45 vegetarian fix priced (not worth it, I must say). My husband had their salmon plate (nothing special). Wine, marked up high. So, not going back there on our next visit to Santa Fe.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Well worth your time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went there in the early evening and had a wonderful meal. The staff was very helpful and anticipated every need. The meal and wine were perfect, the only issue was the location of our table, too near the bar, so if I were to make a suggestion it would be to eat outside (not an option for the 3 of us) or make sure you are not near the entrance to the bar. And I would absolutely go back!

• Visited May 2012