“Authentic and Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tomasita's Restaurant

Tomasita's Restaurant
500 S Guadalupe St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)
+1 505-983-5721
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 470 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Tomasita's restaurant is a Santa Fe tradition serving classic Northern New Mexican Cuisine. Locally owned and operated in Santa Fe, New Mexico by the Maryol/Gundrey family for over 40 years, we take great pride in quality food, friendly and fast service, and great margaritas.
“Authentic and Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was directed here by a hotel bellman from the Old Town. This place is worth the walk! I wasn't super hungry so decided for a bowl of Tortilla Soup to start followed by a small plate. The soup was the best I've had! Ton's of chicken and the heat was perfect. The small plate was a nice chicken tostado with beans - plenty of food! Sauces are authentic, as is the ambience. Don't miss this one!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good meal, fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was recommended by a local. It's at the train depot in a neighborhood with many restaurants. It was crowded and noisy, but the noise was of families having a happy time. The food was excellent. I had a blue plate special, which gave a me a taste of a range of goodies.
The sopapillas were light and crisp - such a pleasant change from the doughy ones we had had a previous day which were more like fry bread.

There are a ton of good restaurants in Santa Fe, and there may be places better than Tomasita's but I feel confident that you won't be disappointed by your meal there.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hermantown, Minnesota
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We ate at Tomasitas during a recent trip to Santa Fe and was not disappointed. Had the blue plate special - green chili rellano and red chili enchilada - delicious! Served with a sopapilla and honey! Very good!

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Worth Two Visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had been in Santa Fe 15 years ago so went by Trip Advisor reviews on our recent visit. We were in the Rail Yard area during the lunch hour and saw Tomasita's and remembered good reviews. Both my husband and I were pleased - both had sampler plates and everything was very good - loved the sopapillas which I have been told are a New Mexican specialty and loved the honey butter and the New Mexican honey. It was packed when we got there so we had a little wait which was worth it. Both the red and green chili were excellent and enjoyed the posole and beans too.
Our second visit was on the night before our long trip back to Pennsylvania - we were tired from hiking and birding and decided to go for a sure thing so back to Tomasita's - arrived early luckily because by the time we left it was packed again. I had the chicken chalupas (very good - excellent guacamole) and my husband had the combo platter with taco, enchilada, chili verde and beans and rice and he was very pleased with it. The chili is quite hot, but just the right degree for us. And yes, the prices are quite reasonable too. I had natillas to finish and it was the perfect comfort food dessert......happy to recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Always Glad I Chose It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

At and near the plaza at Santa Fe, there are lots of restaurant choices. I get tired of feeling a big letdown at many of them after spending big bucks for a moderately good meal.
That never happens to me at Tomasita's. They've never let me down once. And it's definitely reasonably priced.
It's one of the first places I head to when I arrive at Santa Fe for delicious Mexican food or a steak.

• Visited November 2013