“Tomasita's - Best New Mexican in SF” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 520 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tomasita's restaurant is a Santa Fe tradition serving classic Northern New Mexican cuisine. Stop by today for an unforgettable meal! Locally owned and operated in Santa Fe, NM, we take great pride in our high quality food, friendly and fast service, and of course our famous margaritas! Locals have consistently voted us as the premier restaurant for Best Red Chile, Best Green Chile, Best Margaritas, and Best New Mexican Restaurant! Our chiles are out of this world and you won't regret ordering either - or both! Tomasita's is a distinctly Northern New Mexican restaurant. Our recipes have been handed down for generation and serve as a reminder of the melding of cultures that together once depended on the corn, chile, beans, and fruit of the area. Since 1974, the Maryol/Gundrey family has maintained a commitment to the recipes and ingredients of New Mexico. Join us for lunch, dinner, or happy hour and try our traditional recipes with amazing flavor. Don't forget to top off your meal with a homemade dessert - sopapillas anyone
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Tomasita's - Best New Mexican in SF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've eaten at Tomasitas many times over the past 30 years I've been coming to Santa Fe. Their food is delicious and very consistent. Their green and red are both top notch. May I recommend their frozen margaritas!

• Visited June 2013
7 Thank Austine M

San Antonio, Texas
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a place to eat, great assortment of food, great tasting food, great atmosphere, great location. Wait staff was excellent. Loved the sopapella afterwards.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank disccoach
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff was very rude to my family, including my grandmother. I have a special needs son who is a very picky eater. They asked us to leave because I brought him something to eat. The manager was extremely rude. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I have no idea how the food was because I never got the chance to try it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank mlicon
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food and service in Santa Fe is a locals favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family has eaten at Tomasita's several times over the past few years and every time has been a great experience. This summer when we visited, the food was authentic New Mexican fare and the service was a terrific. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank stanleyhome
“Serves real Mexican food that filled our "Mexican palet!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Yes this place is busy but there us a reason they actually serve tasty Mexican food not Spanish /New Mexican dishes.
Chile rellanos tasty. Tacos not exciting.
Bar pricey and locales get special attention.
Parking lot always full.