“Excellent foor, would go again” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Excellent foor, would go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My friend and I had lunch at the Bistro shortly after they opened.The food was first quality with very fresh taste. Service could have been better and now that they are really up and running it probably is.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Don't Miss This One!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is off the beaten path and not well known by the tourist yet! Mostly locals on a Saturday night. They do not have an extensive menu or wine list but very good selections to choose from on both. The food was flavorful and prepared and served expertly. The service was some of the best I have ever experienced! Save room for dessert! They were exceptional!

Visited May 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A new place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had heard of the Midtown Bistro but had not checked it out till friends suggested it last week. It was a pleasant surprise: simple surroundings, excellent food. My husband's lamb chops were delicious. He's not fond of couscous, but our friend and I really liked it. My scallops over risotto were delicious. The piece of key lime pie was much too small. It was one of the best I have ever tasted, and I hated having to share it. The service was superb and friendly. I'm glad to have discovered a new place to go.

Visited April 2013
Placitas, New Mexico
“An Perfect Friday Night Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Only my second time to the Midtown Bistro, and I can already see it's becoming a favorite. The high ceilings which dissipate noise, the comfortable seating, elegant atmosphere, superb service and the top notch food will definitely make come back again and again. Everyone is friendly and the menu provides something for everyone. The quality of all our meals, we were 6, was nothing short of perfection. I had the Atlantic Salmon and it was cooked to perfection. The salmon was laid atop a bed of green rice with capers and other garnishments. Wow! This restaurant is a total winner! If you're in Santa Fe, you need to book an evening at Midtown Bistro. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Haven, MI
“Great meal and great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice dinner, and a very nice experience! The service was impeccable from the moment we walked in. We had no reservations and had been on a day trip down and back on the Turquoise Trail, and probably looked it! With no hesitation we were seated and felt immediately at home. The wine selection is limited in quantity but very nicely designed with an eye toward complimenting the menu. I see many huge wine lists with redundancies in style and very little breadth...this is nice to see on a small wine list. We enjoyed the chicken taquito appetizer and the amazingly good pork chop, prepared just as we ordered it. It is a nice combination of flavors that do not overpower the chop. The fresh bread was quite good and I know it is a little thing but I appreciate a restaurant that does not serve frozen butter! Thank you for not making me tear my bread apart! All in all, I would go back...and I recommend you do too!

Oh, we had no problem with parking and not on gravel...however, I would be glad to use a gravel parking lot to come here again. Seems like half of Santa Fe is gravel, anyway.

Visited April 2013