“Best Coffee and Pastries in Santa Fe!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Coffee Shop, Bakeries, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Los Angeles
“Best Coffee and Pastries in Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of stumbling upon this intimate breakfast/lunch place just a few blocks away from the Plaza. Amazing pastries and coffee (at very reasonable prices), wonderful atmosphere and the friendliest staff east of the Colorado River all make this a "must visit' destination. And be sure to ask for Rahera or Carlos, they'll take great care of you.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

santa fe
“french attitude, faux food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

if you like surly service and food you can get at a number of other restaurants in Santa Fe this is the place for you

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“excellent dessert and coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just had desserts and coffee but was excellent. Real french baking in Santa Fe. A nice treat. Very friendly place--they didn't mind at all that we just came for dessert.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Catharines, Canada
“Cozy, inviting and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A slice of the real France in Santa Fe! The best baked goods and breakfast we've encountered in years. Friendly, warm service, and the chance to chat with the hosts in French if you're so inclined! A real gem...

Visited April 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Who is Mamou Because I Want To Thank Her”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This new little delightful enclave, intermingled with a bead and gem shop on Palace Ave is a little gem itself! One and a half blocks East of the Plaza; easy stroll from anywhere, and well worth it. If you are driving, there are plenty of opportunities within a block to park at a meter.
The first time I went in, I did so because I heard the French pastry chef, Paul creates culinary magic with the almond cookies and croissants....they were "la bombe".
The second time; I came to dine, and dine we did. It started with a basket of freshly baked ever so slightly sweet dinner rolls and butter. My husband had the chicken Cordon Bleu, which came with a serving of perfectly stacked and moist gratin which, if you crave gratin, it could make you do things you normally would not do at a dining table just to get the last bite. It also came with a small side of perfectly vinaigrette-coated baby greens. At the suggestion of the delightful (French) proprietor, Noella, I had the Marsala Pork Medallions, which were supreme. I would have liked my meal to be hot (it was just under warm), but the gratin on my plate made me forget any shortcomings.
Of course we could not leave without a sweet, so we shared a coffee, which was strong and flavorful, not bitter---and a chocolate truffle, one of the major food groups---oh my; creamy on the inside, dark chocolate dusted dark chocolate shell on the outside, not too sweet, but very rich. Deciding that we needed our daily serving of fruit, we took home the last fruit tart to have later. It was the best tart I've had in Santa Fe, and by that I mean the crust was soft enough to bite into without crumbling, yet firm enough to not be mushed by the filling. The ratio of ripe flavorful fruit to filling to glaze was precise....more magic I suspect.
The room is light-filled, quaint and casual. Some of the waitstaff are more attentive than others. The prices are commensurate. It seems like they are always open---really smart in this town.
There is escargot, which was presented well. I will be back with my discerning palate to check out the omelets and brioche, and anything else the real French chef comes up with, and I'll let you know.
Go there now, and I'm sure you will be back again.
Overall the experience was magnifique! Bien sur!

• Visited March 2013