“Kakawa Rocks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 472 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Dessert
“Kakawa Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

If you're traveling in Santa Fe, be sure to make it here, especially if you want a top-quality sweet treat. Fantastic products, warm, friendly, knowlegeable and patient staff, who explain everything about their wonderful drinks and treats, and a very well-run business. The manager/owner brought us a personal treat (free) because he noticed my "My Son Is In The U.S. Army" sticker. You will not be disappointed spending time here, and it will be the best calories you encounter in Santa Fe!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
Tallahassee
“Not your average dessert place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited the Kakawa Chocolate House while at a conference near Santa Fe. Awesome desserts! You could sample the elixirs & ice creams. We walked away w/ truffles, brownies, hot drinking chocolate & ice cream & no one was disappointed. The owner was super friendly & their staff was amazing! Definitely a must visit for an after lunch/dinner dessert.

Midland, Texas
“For Chocolate Connoisseurs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Kakawa Chocolate House looking for a late afternoon treat. We ordered small cups of hot chocolate and sampled a few pieces of candy. The hot chocolate was much too sweet, too syrupy, to strong for our tastes. We did, however, enjoy a few pieces of the candy. The quality is high, but not to our liking; hence, the high rating.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The Best Chocolate I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Superior, Outstanding, Awesome, Amazing, Fantastic..with these words I give the Kakawa Chocolate House a "10" instead of a 5! When we walked in the Kakawa Chocolate House the chocolate aroma was breath taking. Deciding on what to order was not easy, but the extremely friendly gals that work there gave us samples of the elixirs (hot chocolate drinks) that we wanted to try. I finally decided on the Tzul Elixir and my husband had the Kakawa American Elixir. We also got a chocolate chip cookie that was more like a very thin wafer. When we sat down at one of the tables and took one sip of our hot drink and one bite of the cookie I thought I was in Heaven. The drink was so rich and smooth, one of the most delicious chocolate treats I have ever had. The cookie was an experience too, so crunchy and full of chocolate flavor. This was our last day in Santa Fe, we wanted this chocolate experience again so we purchased some of the elixir mix and two of the small cute cups to take home with us. We had a hard time working this visit to Kakawa Chocolate House into our trip since it closes at 6:00 pm everyday. I am so glad we were able to get there!!! Don't visit Santa Fe without experiencing this chocolate indulgence!!! Just thinking about their chocolate as I write this review makes me want to make the 14 hour drive back to Santa Fe.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“This is How Chocolate Should Taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Kakawa offers a unique blend of high quality chocolate with a variety of spices, and herbs. The recipes date back several centuries which makes the experience more memorable. We had the pleasure of tasting all 8 blends and ended up ordering 6, the small (3oz.) for $3.50 and large (6oz.) for $6.50. I recommend trying the Aztec, which is a powerful concentrate of dark chocolate, cinnamon and herbs, not sweet, and has quite the distinct flavor! I also recommend trying the chili, which is a spicy and sweet blend with a long lasting after taste. We also sampled some of the hard chocolates, for $40/lbs but can be purchased by the one. The truffles were approximately $3.50/piece, and were ok. I would recommend sampling a few of the hard chocolates, but focus your energy on the drinkable blends…that's where the money is.

• Visited August 2014