“For Chocolate Connoisseurs” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Ice Cream in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Dessert
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Coffee & Tea, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Midland, Texas
“For Chocolate Connoisseurs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Kakawa Chocolate House looking for a late afternoon treat. We ordered small cups of hot chocolate and sampled a few pieces of candy. The hot chocolate was much too sweet, too syrupy, to strong for our tastes. We did, however, enjoy a few pieces of the candy. The quality is high, but not to our liking; hence, the high rating.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
“The Best Chocolate I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Superior, Outstanding, Awesome, Amazing, Fantastic..with these words I give the Kakawa Chocolate House a "10" instead of a 5! When we walked in the Kakawa Chocolate House the chocolate aroma was breath taking. Deciding on what to order was not easy, but the extremely friendly gals that work there gave us samples of the elixirs (hot chocolate drinks) that we wanted to try. I finally decided on the Tzul Elixir and my husband had the Kakawa American Elixir. We also got a chocolate chip cookie that was more like a very thin wafer. When we sat down at one of the tables and took one sip of our hot drink and one bite of the cookie I thought I was in Heaven. The drink was so rich and smooth, one of the most delicious chocolate treats I have ever had. The cookie was an experience too, so crunchy and full of chocolate flavor. This was our last day in Santa Fe, we wanted this chocolate experience again so we purchased some of the elixir mix and two of the small cute cups to take home with us. We had a hard time working this visit to Kakawa Chocolate House into our trip since it closes at 6:00 pm everyday. I am so glad we were able to get there!!! Don't visit Santa Fe without experiencing this chocolate indulgence!!! Just thinking about their chocolate as I write this review makes me want to make the 14 hour drive back to Santa Fe.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“This is How Chocolate Should Taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Kakawa offers a unique blend of high quality chocolate with a variety of spices, and herbs. The recipes date back several centuries which makes the experience more memorable. We had the pleasure of tasting all 8 blends and ended up ordering 6, the small (3oz.) for $3.50 and large (6oz.) for $6.50. I recommend trying the Aztec, which is a powerful concentrate of dark chocolate, cinnamon and herbs, not sweet, and has quite the distinct flavor! I also recommend trying the chili, which is a spicy and sweet blend with a long lasting after taste. We also sampled some of the hard chocolates, for $40/lbs but can be purchased by the one. The truffles were approximately $3.50/piece, and were ok. I would recommend sampling a few of the hard chocolates, but focus your energy on the drinkable blends…that's where the money is.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Kentucky, United States
“Chocolate like it was meant to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We thought it was strange that a chocolate shop was the best restaurant in Santa Fe until we tried it. For the rest of the trip we wished that we had bought more. The hot chocolate was excellent but it was really the local specialties.....chocolate with chilies that were special. It was not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“A unique dessert stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Yummy drinkable chocolate - not like normal hot chocolate, more like melted chocolate. Lots of gluten-free and dairy-free options. Cute building. They also have ice cream.

• Visited July 2014