“Best Chocolate!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Best Chocolate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have never been a big fan of dark chocolate but friends of ours really wanted to stop at Kakawa and I'm sure glad we did. We were offered chocolate elixirs, which I had never had before, and all I can say is "WOW". I had one that had some chili in it and boy was it flavorful. So distinct. After sampling a few elixirs (we each got one), we were offered samples of the chocolates. Thanks to the sampling, I made purchases that I probably wouldn't have made otherwise. I bought my daughter a half pound bag of 72% chocolate and then bought my husband and I several individual specialty chocolates. Goat cheese and chocolate, basil and chocolate, pinon caramels...all delicious. This is definitely a chocolate place to visit.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Henderson, Nevada
“Great place to experience drinking chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband loves chocolate so we had to stop here while visiting Santa Fe. Me, I don't care for it as much, but the options of hot chocolate provided and the fact that we could taste different samples allowed me to enjoy Kakawa as much as my husband. My husband had a more typical sweeter version and I had the 100% Chocolate with Chili - very nice experience - not too sweet but not too spicy. It gave us the added kick we needed to continue on with the gallery tour.

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles
“The elixirs are magical and layered, the red chili caramel is - perfection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

It will be difficult to eat chocolate from and anywhere else after eating here. The elixirs are magical and layered, the red chili caramel is - perfection.

The setting is beautiful and the owner is so considerate. A visit to Santa Fe will not be complete without a visit to Kakawa, a special treat that I am glad to have found. 10/5/13

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“not sure why this is #1 restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

not sure why this is #1 restaurant in Santa Fe with all of the wonderful choices? It is a chocolate and pastry shop.It is very quaint and the staff is wonderful. they give free samples. It is very overpriced and the chocolate is average.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Great Mesoamerican drinking chocolate to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I came across this place while on my first trip to Santa Fe. I am very interested in the history of Chocolate, but funny enough not a huge fan of drinking chocolate . Kakawa was a wonderful experience.Loved that it was not to sweet and not to hot drink after a day of exploring downtown Santa Fe.Had the super yummy blue corn meal shortbread cookies with my drink.The young guy behind the counter was really knowledgeable ,and gave samples of the different drinks.There is also a small but excellent offering of chocolate bars. Just delightful!

• Visited September 2013