“Gorgeous scenery and a wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 219 things to do in Santa Fe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous scenery and a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I came to Santa Fe for her graduation trip. Joaquin Gonzalez took us on the most amazing horseback ride! He was knowledgeable, experienced and helpful. We went up 8000 feet. Although I had no prior experience, I felt completely safe and loved the entire experience. It ended up being my favorite part of the trip!

Visited June 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Don't miss the horseback riding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I took an early morning horseback ride (9:00 am) in May. I called because I thought it might be cold, and wanted to know what to bring. The lead wrangler Joaquin answered. He was exceptionally friendly and gave me lots of good info regarding the trail ride.

I am an experienced rider, but there were others on the trail ride, including some younger kids, who were inexperienced. Joaquin was quick to put them at ease. So, feel comfortable bringing the kids along.

We rode all the way up to the mountain ridge. The views were amazing. The ride was comfortable and relaxing.

It was a 2 hour ride and I wish it had lasted longer!

Do NOT miss this if you are in Santa Fe. It was the highlight of my trip.

Visited May 2013
santa fe, nm
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Horseback riding at Bishops Lodge, Santa Fe, NM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I attended a retreat over New Year's and had the most wonderful experience riding the trails with 2 great wranglers. The lead wrangler is Joaquin...the other wrangler is Daniel. Both of these gentlemen were so patient and informative. Our group's riding experience ranged from 0-10...and the wranglers were wonderful to us all. Safety was their primary concern! The horses are well maintained and very responsive. I had a great time and can imagine anyone else who takes advantage of this opportunity will as well.

Visited December 2012
Jemez Springs, New Mexico
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“workshop at Bishops Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was there for a workshop and the facility was perfect for a medium sized group work shop. Everything was nicely handled and the food and beverages supplied we very good. Being off the beaten path was a plus for our group.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Horseback Riding Trail & Wrangler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I don't know about the lodging or other activities at Bishop's Lodge, but I can definitely tell you the horseback riding is excellent. I signed up myself and my two daughters for a 2 hour ride on a trail with beautiful sites and views. It was the best. Our wrangler Daniel, was great. He was patient, informative and very friendly. He made sure the horses were good and continued to make sure we were all safe. The ride was peaceful and exciting. The trail was very nice and we all enjoyed ourselves very much. The experience was above Excellent and the price was reasonable.

Visited November 2012