“Truly Vegan” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Truly Vegan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

While Mama Pacha is a little pricier than Body of Santa Fe or 317 Aztec or Annapurna, I believe they have to be because they don't compromise by adding salmon, chicken or dairy in order to draw customers.

I love going into a restaurant that is truly vegan-friendly. To me, this means that my animal friends are not being cooked in the venue. How can something be vegan-friendly if the kitchen itself is cooking animals?

Anyway, the vibe is crisp and fresh in this little cafe-size eatery, and I enjoy the music, the salads (huge and thick with delicious veggies) and the array of smoothies which may include Spirulina, E3 Alive, mushroom supplements or just plain fresh coconut milk and real, house made almond milk.

The desserts are to live for, house made also, everything fresh and real.

I encourage my friends to support this place because of its commitment to authenic veganism and its lovely atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Taos, New Mexico
“Beautiful Raw Food in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

New Mexico is known as the Land of Enchantment. To vegans and vegetarians, it can also be the land of meat. Mama Pacha does much to bring the enchantment back to eating for those of us who are plant-based and looking for a good meal. All of the food is carefully, lovingly prepared, and it's as beautiful to look at as it is delicious to eat. Be sure to save room for dessert!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Raw & Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

A friend of mine took me to Mama Pacha's for lunch. We dined on the Spring Rolls and "Cheesy" Pizza. It was EXCELLENT! and I'm not a raw foody. The chai was so good, I had two orders! My friend said that was the raw almond milk. Try this restaurant!

• Visited September 2012