“Magical!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Los Angeles, California
“Magical!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary at the Inn and it was magical! It is located on the oldest street in Santa Fe a short walk from the Plaza, restaurants, shops and galleries. The area is quiet and relaxing. Our room, Cottonwood, was perfect for us. Large bedroom, two sitting areas, kitchenette, powder room, fabulous bathroom, two fireplaces and outdoor patio. The decor is spectacular. The tile work in the bathrooms is some of the most beautiful and intricate I've ever seen. The furniture is upholstered in rugs and Suzanis cover many surfaces. Be sure to visit Seret's where all the furnishings come from. We brought a Suzani home as a souvenir.

This is the best hotel staff of anywhere we have ever stayed. They accommodated our every need including some we didn't know we had, such as a humidifier in our room. They surprised us on our anniversary with chocolate covered strawberries and port.

Breakfasts are amazing. Everything in the fridge is complementary.

We love the Inn of the Five Graces and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Fe.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Spruce Head, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed in November. The Inn is one of the most pleasant properties I have ever experienced.
We are fans of Relais Chateaux properties but I would honestly have stayed here without our
loyalty. From the first greeting at check-in to the last goodbye the staff seemed to appear out of no where with a smile and a willingness to help make your stay enjoyable. Reservations were made at several recommended restaurants, all excellent. Suggestions were made for sightseeing and shopping. The rooms were each unique unto themselves and beautifully decorated. Tile work was awe inspiring. The innkeeper Sharif was a joy. He is really in his element. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Inn of the Five Graces.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here in March in the Cottonwood suite for four nights. It's a lovely hotel. The mosaic work in the rooms is fabulous. The service is unprecedented and they will not accept tips. We were left alone unless we needed service. While we were gone, turn down service was done and, if we asked, a fire was started in the fireplace. Breakfast was included and was wonderful every morning. The massages where darn good (I'm an LMT so I'm picky). The bed was amazingly comfortable with ample pillows and covers. There is a pull out couch in this suite if you like too. The hotel is within a couple of blocks of the plaza....walking distance but far enough to get away from the shopping energy. This hotel is worth the extra money. My only complaint would be the poor internet in the room, but we talked with them about it and I bet they fix it.

Room Tip: Loved the cottonwood, but I would bet they are all very nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I travelled alone and stayed in a Suite at the Inn of Five Graces for 3 nights in March.

Check in went very smoothly, the room was delightful - quite decadent for one! The staff were all very cheerful and accommodating. The rooms are all uniquely decorated, and spotlessly clean, and it is this 'special' factor that makes the Inn of FG stand out for me. You felt like you were cocooned in an exotic abode. The Inn also has a historical significance (being on one of the oldest streets in SF), which makes the stay here more 'authentic'. The place had a very welcoming feel, and the open mini bar just added to this. I had a wonderful massage, so try to fit that in - Rita is a very calming presence.

I wish to thank the management for accommodating a slight hiccup in my booking - they handled it very professionally, and the end result made me very happy - thank you to Sherrif (I think that was his name) for his kind handling of the matter.

The location of the Inn suited me perfectly, I walked everywhere in town that I wanted to go, and felt very safe walking alone at night.
The only small gripe is that the air-conditioning is quite noisy as it cuts in and out.

Santa Fe is a magical town, and if you want to add that special sparkle to your stay, factor in staying at the Inn of Five Graces.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Staying at the Inn of the Five Graces is a truly unique experience. My daughter and I recently returned to the Inn for the first time in 8 years for some mother/daughter bonding. Our first trip in 2006 was absolutely magical, right down to the ghost stories, dream catchers and warm cookies placed on our pillows each night. This trip was a little different. Inn of the Five Graces, now under new management, has become a bit more chic and glamorous and a bit less like home. When you pay this much for a room, you expect the service to be impeccable and it was not. The service was inconsistent. After a long day of travel, my daughter and I returned to our room after dinner exhausted to find that the pull-out couch had not been made up for her, as promised at check-in. We had to wait quite a while for the room to be made up. While the people at the front desk were very friendly, we did not always get the best driving directions. On our trip to Ojo Caliente, we got lost for two hours. If you go to this wonderful spa, be sure to just get your own directions as there is a tricky turn-off that we missed and we ended up in Taos. Our room was so lovely, yet both the tub and shower leaked and left puddles in the bathroom after each use. Each morning at about 6am, we woke up to what sounded like a very large recycling trash dump right outside our window. On the last day of our trip, I discovered that a newly acquired sentimental piece of jewelry had suddenly disappeared; something you don't expect at this type of resort. If you stay here, lock up your valuables. It put a sad twist on our otherwise lovely vacation. If you look at my other posts, you will notice that I am not a complainer. I am, however, a highly selective traveler and I feel that the Inn has lost some of its magic. On the bright side, our suite, Sandalwood was lovely. The beds, even the pull-out, were luxurious and super comfortable. The stocked complimentary fridge and kitchenette was perfect and we loved our patio, even though it was too cold to sit out there. The complimentary breakfast delivered promptly each morning was divine and we were given excellent restaurant reservations each night. As on our previous trip, we went to Seret's to purchase a special furnishing for our home. Ira Seret actually remembered my daughter and I and we made another outstanding purchase from his amazing store. I will absolutely return to the Inn of the Five Graces again. In the mean time, I hope that the management doesn't lose sight of the magic it can offer. It's the little things that matter and we hope you bring back the ghost stories! We hope that you can provide better and more accurate driving directions and we hope that you are careful in whom you hire to service the rooms. While it was extremely disappointing to lose this special piece of jewelry, the management has offered to credit my bill with the cost of the jewelry. Most hotels would not make this very kind and generous gesture which I very much appreciate. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Santa Fe and I will return, but I will be more cautious next time.

Room Tip: Sandalwood is beautiful but on the main road, so it can be a bit loud. Great if you have kids.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
mattapoisett, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is absolutely worth the splurge. We travel quite a bit and it is so nice to be somewhere where you are not nickled and dimed. The staff cannot do enough to help you. The rooms are out of this world! The craftmanship of the tiled bathrooms are breathtaking! The soaking tub is enormous and thoughtful touches like bath salts and luxurious bathrobes and slippers are included. The chips and salsa on arrival as well as the complementary snacks in the fridge were delicious! The bed was incredibly comfortable and there was a nice real fireplace (not a switch on gas one) It was a perfect splurge for an anniversary or special event! Don't hesitate and go visit you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful and unique! We were lucky to be upgraded to a suite and it was pure luxury!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is an truly incredible small hotel!! The service is impeccable. The staff is friendly (and all seem to be good looking!) The rooms are decorated in sumptuous fabrics, and the mosaic tiles in the bathrooms are a work of art. The breakfast, which are free of charge, are delicious, and served in the dining room, or in your room if you choose. The mini bar contents are also free, as is the coffee bar. On Friday evening, there was a delicious wine and cheese hour - fantastic wine, lovely cheeses and finger foods - also complimentary. It's true that the rooms are expensive, but unlike most hotels, where they nickel and dime you to death, once you check in, you just enjoy yourself. The staff lit our fireplace 10 minutes before we arrived back from dinner so it would be cozy when we walked in. Chocolate covered strawberries were on the bed when we returned, because it was the night of my wife's birthday. If you call for assistance, they come to your room in about two minutes with a smile on their face. Friendly, thoughtful, expert service.
The suite called Moonstone is really lovely, but I'd bet all the rooms are.
The massage we had was spectacular: healing and rejuvenative.
I give this hotel my highest possible recommendation.

Room Tip: You can look at most of them on their website.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn of the Five Graces? Share your experiences!