“My favorite hotel in the United States” 5 of 5 stars

Inn of the Five Graces
150 E DeVargas Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Pasadena, California
“My favorite hotel in the United States”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

After 5 stays here, it's finally time to say why I keep coming back. Facilities are part of a great hotel experience. At Five Graces, you get local, quirky architecture, combined with lavish tilework, indulgent linens and REAL wood burning fireplaces. I've stayed in 5 different rooms, evey one unique, and exquisite. The only real challenge is choosing which of the rooms to book, as they are all so different. Trust me-- you can't go wrong with any of them.

Breakfast, free, is locally inspired and beautifully prepared. They will make nearly anything you request. The in-room mini bar is free as well, and each night you return to some yummy homemade treat.

But a hotel with great facilities is just a building-- what gives it "soul" are the people who keep it going. I don't know how they do it, but the staff at Five Graces is the most consistently charming, caring, friendly team I've met in a hotel setting. Always smiling, always genuinely interested in the guest and his/her comfort, and always there with a suggestion or pep talk or self-deprecating joke. I feel like they love introducing newcomers to their town, and they love being in the environment of the Five Graces. If you're like us, you'll be sorry to leave this hotel, and you'll be eager to plan your return.

Forrest and Sharif, David and Chris, Kandace, Joshua, Rebecca and Sarah, these are the people who bring all the grace to Five Graces. Keep it up!!

Room Tip: trust their recommendations-- I described what I was looking for, and each time they came up with a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you love the tiles, textiles and woodwork of the East and nomadic decor, and are looking for a genuinely peaceful and effortless hotel experience, this is it.
Located on a quiet side street near the Capital, the Five Graces is an exceptional hotel experience precisely because it doesn't feel like a hotel. It's in effect an artsy suite-and-breakfast, with service that is exuberant and eager to please without being intrusive.
It's difficult to find at first (our GPS led us into the Capital's parking lot), but a great location---on an intimate lane and an easy walk to downtown shopping and museums.
Only thing preventing this from being over-the-top review was a few blips in our stay. First, the internet was virtually non-existent til we reported it, and their tech people promptly checked but then left message that in fact it was working fine, and offered to "check our computer" settings---disappointing. But then an hour later the hotel updated its hotel-wide internet password and miraculously the internet worked fine. Their concierge staff was not consistently informed on local attractions and restaurants, for example; this may be due to the predominant youth of their staff. The suite was a bit drafty, probably due to type of construction in region. Noted too that not consistent restock of coffee/tea station in lobby.
Breakfast was good and in a lovely setting overlooking courtyard, and plentiful snacks and non-alcoholic drinks in room, fresh fruit or cookies delivered daily to room, and good turndown service---every conceivable convenience is thought of.
And absolutely every single request was taken very seriously and very promptly addressed with generally excellent results, so the service could not have been better. The promptness of even the valet parking was terrific.
I would definitely return--- though hotel is somewhat pricey, it includes all fees for parking, all gratuities, in-room snacks and drinks, and the most exuberant service we've ever encountered!

San Luis Obispo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Five Graces is an absolutely wonderful hotel and maybe the most romantic and artistically designed hotel in the world. The staff is gracious, especially the managers, Sharif, Forest and Brian who are always available when you need them and their staff is friendly and quick to assist with anything you need. The level of detail in the rooms is amazing! You can spend hours just looking around at the tile work, woodwork, art and tapestry's. We've never seen anything like it in a hotel. The location is also maybe the best in Santa Fe being downtown but on a quiet side street.

You must stay at the Five Graces in order to understand. It truly is one of the most amazing hotels we've ever seen.. and we travel a lot.

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We are serious travelers, both business and pleasure. We have learned that by spending a few more dollars on the hotel you can turn a good vacation, into a wonderful vacation. Our first time to Santa Fe, our first time to NM. Five Graces did not disappoint. Upon arrival we were a bit disoriented as signage was a little confusing. Very quickly, two gentlemen were at our vehicle, with instruction to leave everything in the car. We were given a tour of the property, ending up in our (upgraded) room, where our luggage mysteriously appeared. No gratuities are accepted....period. Unparalleled service. Pleasant breakfast experience. The floors creak, the bathroom is small. BUT, if you want to feel like a pampered, resident of Santa Fe, this is your place.

• Stayed February 2013
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a fabulous stay. Everything I dreamed of and more! My husband and I stayed here for a romantic get-away. Our every need was graciously met by the staff. The property is stunning. Miraculously, the staff is humble and super accommodating-not EVER stuffy or pretentious, as in other fine Inns we have stayed at.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This Inn is fabulous !! The people are so very nice and bend over backwards to accomodate you. Friendly and courteous - informative and helpful ! What a beautiful place to stay as you travel Sante Fe. we really enjoyed our time here and would not stay any where else

Room Tip: The rooms are all decorated beautifully. You will love it !!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I cannot say enough about the experience I had at The Inn of the Five Graces this weekend - it was exceptional in every, single way!!! The staff is warm, generous, accommodating, funny, attractive, youthful and yet professional without being pretentious or snooty. They tend to your every single need, never say no to a request, and strive to go the extra mile to make your stay special and memorable. I had the most interaction with Joshua, and he was great - he even took the time to show me how to build my own fire in the kiva fireplace! (Note: I wanted to learn to do this, yet had I wanted the staff to do it for me, it would have not been a problem at all). He also checked on me intermittently to ensue that I was enjoying my stay, not in a disingenuous way, but I think he truly enjoys what he does and wants to make sure the guests are happy and satisfied.

It is definitely pricey, but when you review all of the amenities - the little "extra" things that are well thought out to make your stay stupendous, it is worth every, single penny. I stayed in the Aria room - cozy, quaint, beautifully decorated with a fireplace near the bed and an overall comfy size and feel to the space. The bathroom was really unique - lots of little quirky shelves to put all of your things on, and a bathtub that came equipped with water jets and unlimited bath salts. There are sky lights that can thoughtfully be "curtained" at turn down so you won't be woken by the light shining through in the morning. There is also a small, obscure fridge that holds unlimited snacks, like cheeses, candy bars, water, juice, granola bars...you name it! Additionally, they offer a variety of delicious made-to-order breakfasts that you can choose to have delivered to your room - including yummy espressos and cafe lattes.

I feel that it's important to emphasize that this is not a hotel, it's a truly exceptional experience. Every room is thoughtfully created with artistic heart and genius. There is so much detail, so many nuances, that every time you walk into your room you see something new that you hadn't noticed before. I honestly thought twice before throwing my coat on the bed or putting my glass on the table, because everything was so well-intentioned and unique - I didn't want to inadvertently ruin anything! But don't get me wrong, it was a very relaxing to retire to every evening - the bed was the softest, most comfortable bed I've ever slept on - it invited a good night's sleep the moment you sunk into the the warm feather bed and pillows!

Lastly, out of curiosity, when I was touring around Santa Fe this weekend I went into a few of the other upscale hotels...just to see if I was "missing" anything. Absolutely not! They all seemed very contrived and commercial, and nobody greeted me warmly, or even looked me in the eye as I roamed around the lobbies. So, take the time to really treat yourself to The Inn of the Five Graces and make a memorable experience that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: The Aria Room is great - at ground level, yet there are no rooms above you...private, comfy, cozy, w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Inn of the Five Graces? Share your experiences!