“Perfect Wedding Night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa

You added Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1297 Bishops Lodge Road, PO Box 2367, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Perfect Wedding Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed in a suite on our wedding night. We had a beautiful balcony over looking the property, with Fall colors just starting to appear in the trees. The room felt very secluded and was very spacious with a fireplace, lounge area and a huge bathroom. Unfortunately we did not get to explore the entire property during our stay, but we can't wait to stay again and take advantage of some of the amenities (we really wanted to do the horesback riding on the property). Maybe on our first anniversary!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband, our two daughters (11yr & 5yr), and myself stayed at the Bishop's Lodge in March 2011. We were looking for something that would be conveniently located to Santa Fe, yet away from the tourist crowds and busy atmosphere.....We found just that, at the Bishops Lodge. The rooms were spacious, and the property grounds were manicured. We took a tour of the chaple, and the stables. We were unable to take advantage of the horse riding, but the staff was very helpful and courtious when we called for appointments.

The cost for the room during this time period was wonderful, and there are different types of packages you can take advantage of. Make sure you are asking for different promotions when you call -- all of the promotions may not show up online or be shared when you call. So make sure you ask. (This is a great tip for booking any hotel/car rental).

We would highly recommend this property!! Its great for a couples retreat, a solo trip to be pampered (check out their spa), with a group of friends, and families. There are many fun activities you can arrange, and the prices are reasonable. * If you do stay here --- take a short drive to Ojo Calientes Hot Springs...its wonderful!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Santa Teresa, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Looked forward to a business meeting at Bishop's Lodge with a view toward returning for an extended vacation stay. Took my wife along for a quick trip to the spa. Assigned room was in a run-down building with overgrown vegetation at the rear of the complex overlooking a corral. The sink stopped up, the roof leaked, the baseboards were covered with dead bugs, the carpet was covered with plaster, and the room had a run-down appearance. When I complained, the desk clerk did not offer another room or assistance in locating a place in Santa Fe. I returned to El Paso, Texas, and missed my meeting. Although the desk clerk promised to refund my deposit, it was not returned. Thus, I am out the deposit, the conference fee, and gas money. I will never return to this place, and I discourage others from vacationing there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Room was big and spacious, with great service from all the staff

Room Tip: My room had 2 big double beds, was quiet and looked out into the woods
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hartsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The Lodge is a great place to relax; or get busy. My wife and daughter took advantage of the yoga classes. I did my Taiji watching the sun rise. We also did some skeet shooting on the mountain. No Horseback riding this trip. The bar/lounge is a great place to relax; as is the veranda. The food was excellent as was our room. Got to play golf at a couple of local courses and do Indian Market in the square downtown santa Fe.The staff as usual was courteous and very helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
PHILADELPHIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I have been staying at the bishop's lodge since I was 13 years old. I have such fond memories of the sunsets, horseback rides, and traveling into town to purchase various wares. I wanted to share this experience with my own family. I have to say that our experiences have been wonderful, however, I realize that we could just as easily have a bad experience such as those listed. Please, Bishop's Lodge, concentrate on the wonderful property that you have, re-invest in it, the customer service that many of us look forward to, and don't rely so much on corporate outings, etc. Read the negative reviews as well as the positive, and learn from both. I hope that we will always find pleasure in our visits, and will continue to do so for many years to come.

Room Tip: at this time, specifically ask for newer rooms
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I brought my family to Bishop's Lodge, after stay a week in Albuquerque at the Tamaya Resort, and the contrast was shocking. Although Bishop's has an equally attractive website, the actual place is very old and very run down. Starting with the roads on the grounds (which are too narrow, too windy, and lead to inadequate parking), to the check-in procedure (where they had no record of my having pre-paid), to the room itself (run down, not very clean, noisy fan in bathroom, fireplace that did not work) everything just seemed very used, out of date, and ineptly run. The service was poor throughout the stay, including mediocre, over-priced food in the restaurant, small, over-priced drinks in the bar, and the inability to get even one room service order correct throughout our entire stay. One day the room was not even cleaned, and even when it was cleaned it was never quite right. For example, we only got one bar of soap during the whole stay. The activities on grounds fall short of expectations, and when it rained one night the pool flooded with mud and the roads on grounds were almost blocked by mud slides. We would have left after the first night, but we had been tricked into pre-paying to save money and there was no refund. There are many very nice, new, well-run places to stay in Santa Fe. Avoid the Bishop's Lodge, or at least wait until some major hotel chain purchases the place and spends six months and several millions of dollars refurbishing it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!