“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zona Rosa at Las Palomas

Zona Rosa at Las Palomas
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Zona Rosa at Las Palomas
You added Zona Rosa at Las Palomas to your Saves list
429 San Francisco St., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #25 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Austin
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I cannot say enough about how positive our experience was at the Zona Rosa condo. We had the 3 bdrm for 3 adults and 2 young kids. From warm cookies to gourmet breakfasts and picturesque accommodations, the staff made us feel right at home, and helped in so many ways. This was the first place we have stayed where the website actually did do the place justice. Again? Yes! Thank you!

Stayed March 2014
PaulMargetson, Owner at Zona Rosa at Las Palomas, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful words of encouragement and we are all delighted to know that you had a great time at Zona Rosa. Thank you and please come back!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed in an upstairs two bedroom two bathroom apartment for 6 nights at the end of January. We had excellent wifi coverage, a lovely lounge and fireplace and the apartment had a spacious feel. We loved the breakfast at Las Palomas just a short walk away. The staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Thanks so much it was awesome!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Zona Rosa at Las Palomas, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am so glad to know that we took such good care of you and you had an “awesome stay”. Very many thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I originally booked at the Hotel Santa Fe as I was told it was the only property in Santa Fe owned by Native Americans. Then the winter storm knocked my business trip back a week and they had no rooms available when I called to re-book. But they very nicely offered me a room for the same rate at their "sister property" Las Palomas. When I pulled in after 10 pm, there was a note and a key saying I was not staying at Las Palomas - was now staying at Zona Rosa, about 2 blocks away.
The room I had was number 77 - and it was very large, very "apartment" feeling -- and decorated beautifully. Huge living area ( easy to entertain in - could fit 20 people for drinks if needed!) smallish but very adequate kitchen, 2 baths and 2 wonderful bedrooms. Also a small patio with a view of the neighborhood. Nice for sky watching too. Would be great if staying for a week or ten days -- especially if friends rooming or a family traveling with kids or 2 couples. It is VERY close walking distance to the Plaza and many other shops/ restaurants etc. Great, free wifi too - worked perfectly!
Did not try the breakfast that was included - as I always go to Tia Sophia which is a short walk down the same street.
My problem? No other amenities unless you walk 2 blocks back to Las Palomas. No front desk, no cabs, no room service, no vending machine, no business center, etc etc. Since I was there on business just for 2 nights and working long hours/ getting in late in the evening this was problematic. I love staying in VBRO style settings when on vacation and this one would be ideal if I was in town with my son or other companions. But sometimes I need a real hotel that can handle an executive on the fly. This is not that setting at all. Also, I did not feel secure as the place had literally no security measures. As a woman traveling alone, that is not how I generally roll. Santa Fe is a very safe city but I take no chances usually. Stayed with it as had no time to switch up. But was concerned.
If I had realized what the situation would be in advance, I would have changed or at least made room in the schedule to load up on snacks and tea etc.
While I greatly appreciate the original hotel making a place for me I think it would be best if they checked to see what the traveller's needs are before moving to alternatives that may or may not suit.
Overall I would recommend this very highly IF you know what you are getting ahead of time. I still hope I get to stay at the Hotel as originally hoped as I hear great things about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a second story room - quieter and more of a view of the surrounding neighborhood.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Zona Rosa at Las Palomas, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Many thanks for staying with us and your comments and concerns are acknowledged and will certainly be acted upon.

Sorry that we were unable to take care of you at the Hotel Santa Fe, but hopefully we will do so in the future.

As an aside, please rest assured that we have not had any security issues at Las Palomas in the past several years, but your point is well taken.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!
arlington, virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Zona Rosa, Sante Fe
October 28, 2013
I just spent four days in a two bedrooms condo at Zona Rosa. The location is very convenient, only a few blocks from the plaza. It is a beautiful place, built in the local adobe style. I enjoyed the calm, comfort and quiet at night. It was disappointing that the wifi did not work for my ipad and iphone. I called several times but did not receive any help. The reception is not very friendly and when there is a problem such as tv or dvd not working, we had to wait for the next day to have it fixed. I will recommend this place to my friends but warned them that they will not be connected to their families or will not be able to read their favorite newspaper on their ipad!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Zona Rosa at Las Palomas, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I am distressed to learn that your reception was not friendly and responsive, as we normally take extra good care of all of our guests!

I am looking into that wifi problem as I am writing this responce, as we completed an expensive overhaul of our system in October. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and apologies for the inconvenience.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Four of us shared this fabulous condo. Large living area. 3 bedrooms/2 baths with deck off one bedroom. Our kitchen was fully stocked, and we used it! Invited 6 friends for lunch and dined at the grand dining table.

The deck was a pleasant surprise, and a lovely place to gather, breathe the fresh air and watch the happenings on San Francisco street.

Breakfast was superb with large selection of fruits, juices, pastries and cooked to order eggs, waffles and specialty coffee drinks.

We arrived late, and used the after-hours phone to gain access to our keys.

Great location. Shuttle service. Short stroll up the street to shops, restaurants. Parking on property.

Definite return in our future!

Room Tip: Room facing San Francisco street had fabulous large deck.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Zona Rosa at Las Palomas, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am delighted to learn you had such a good time with your friends at Zona Rosa. Thank you for taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com and please do come back soon. Many thanks!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom condo. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. The condo had plenty of room for our family
of four, and the beds were super comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was much better than typical hotel breakfasts.
However, there were basic things that they could do better to have made it stand out more. For one, it claims to have a "fully stocked kitchen", however there were 3 dessert plates and two saucer plates...no full size dinner plates. When we called and asked we were told those were the only plates they had. There were also 3 wine glasses, two small juice cups and a handful of coffee mugs, no real water or drink glasses. Most of the cupboards were empty.
Additionally, the wireless only worked on android devices, not iPhones or iPads for some reason. When we called to ask about it, they said they'd call IT and hung up but never got back to us.
Also, our second full day there house keeping didn't come until 5pm when we were showering and getting ready for dinner, so we sent them away. Not sure why they couldn't have come earlier in the day.
Overall, we'd probably stay again for the comfort and fabulous location, but I'd like to see them make a few improvements.

• Stayed March 2013
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Zona Rosa at Las Palomas, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Your points are well taken and we need to jump on updating our inventory of china, glass, etc. Thank you for reminding us. Also, we have just upgraded in the past week our wi-fi reception which has been a problem ane hopefully now fixed!

We have indeed been very busy, but a 5pm housekeeping visit is certainly too late!

Thank you for staying with us and we promise to do better when you return!
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We shared a 3 bdrm/2 bath condo at Zona Rosa with another couple and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Very spacious, fully equipped kitchen and just a block from downtown. We never drove in town at all especially with the complimentary shuttle service to all downtown locations.
The breakfasts were fantastic with your choice of coffee drinks, omelets, waffles, all made to order.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend staying at this wonderful inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Manager at Zona Rosa at Las Palomas, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Your recommendation is so much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to write to tripadvisor.com with your kind words!

Been to Zona Rosa at Las Palomas? Share your experiences!