“I like it!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #293 of 473 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Description: (505) 471-9184 This is newly opened and a great breakfast and lunch coffee cafe
Santa Fe, NM
“I like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Gas station turned comfy coffeehouse. I love the pastries--the cheese danish is divine (and I'm not a cheese danish person). The pretzel rolls are unique and tasty as well. Good coffee drinks (although there is usually only one counter person so service can take awhile). Very comfortable seating area with free wifi. Would be easy to hang out for hours undisturbed. The patio seating area is also nice in good weather, although St. Michael's Drive is fairly busy and close by. It's a great local place, and it makes me feel good to support them! Oh--and it has a drive-thru window!

Visited December 2012

Setauket,
“Lunch at the Owl in Santa Fe, New Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stopped baack to the Green Owl Cafe on Saint Michaels Drive in Santa Fe for lunch. Wow, had a Roast Beef and Cheddar Panini with Avocado, Lettuce, tomato and their special house sauce........the best I've ever eaten. The bread was golden brown and crisp, you can tell the roast beef was made in the cafe, real homemade flavor. Had a cranberry nut coffee cake for dessert, so good. Coffee, had the dark roast, really bold and the best I've tasted in Santa Fe. The employees were so friendly and helpful. What a great experience. I come to Santa Fe twice a month and The Green Owl is a must for breakfast, lunch and snacks. If your visiting Santa Fe, make the Owl a must visit, you will be happy you did. PS, try the homemade pretzel rolls, amazing.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nasty coffee had an americano made twice still short watery shots will NEVER go back .....Java Joes is the BEST.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Nasty coffee I got an Americano, had them make it 2 times ..Still had short shots and tasted like dirty water..You would think the second one would be better...not so...they really need to train their employees how to pull a shot of espresso...and yes I was in the coffee industry for 15 years I know what a shot should be :). Go to Java Joes never had a bad coffee there

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I'm not sure what the people who called this place "wonderful", "Fabulous", and especially "top notch" are talking about. One person even said that 'it isn't McFood' and at one point in his review said the service was 'second to none' and then later said it was "spotty". Anyway I have not been impressed the past few times but they've been open for a while so I stopped by again. I drove up to the drive through, where I could hear the noises from inside through the speaker. I sat for several minutes but nobody said anything so I started saying "hello?" and even ended up yelling to try to get some attention but nobody came. Finally a girl came walking by, looking like she was just arriving for work. She asked if I had been helped and then told me she'd get someone to help me when she got inside. I ordered a scone and a breakfast sandwich. I was amazed by the scone, which was the tiniest thing I've ever seen. It was a triangle with sides literally about 2.5 inches long, and the whole thing was about 3/4 inch at its thickest point. It was essentially a blueberry cookie... for $2.75. The breakfast sandwich was handed to me through the window without a bag or napkin. There was no butter on the bagel so the whole thing was very dry, and they put american cheese in it. So, how is this not "McFood"? If I had known I would have ordered it with cheddar, though I'm guessing I would have been charged more. All in all I'm sick of paying a lot for crappy food and service so won't be going back. The kinds of issues with quality and service here aren't kinks that need to be worked out. They're more indicative of serious conceptual issues with what constitutes good food and service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Go for the coffee...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Coffee (just the regular stuff) is really good. It gave me a jolt and, if you're eating in, you get at least one free refill. Otherwise, I was disappointed. The waitstaff seemed ill-trained. Many patrons were waiting for their orders, obviously frustrated. The "burritos" are really just grilled tortilla paninis with little stuffing. I asked for mine with green chile on a wheat tortilla and got a white tortilla with salsa. I think they switched my burrito with the one that walked out the door with a rushed, frustrated patron. I'd go back for coffee but not the food, and get a "real" breakfast burrito at Posa's.

• Visited May 2012