“Local joint” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: (505) 471-9184 This is newly opened and a great breakfast and lunch coffee cafe
“Local joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Not a Mcjoint. Not easy to figure out what is for you, but the quality and service is second to none.
Do not use the drive through unless you have been here several times. I was confused and disappointed the first time or two. Now it is my only place for lunch and breakfast.
They have a green chili egg muffin with real ingredients. The "snackwich" on pretzel bread is the perfect size and price.
Not good for people passing by, but great for locals. I will be a regular.
Service is spotty, but they are new. Give them time to settle.
Quality is top notch so I expect to pay more than Mcfood.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Margaretville, New York
“Leaves a bad taste in your mouth!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The point of a drive through is to make things faster yes? Not at the Green Owl. You will wait a very long time before anyone even greets you and then wait again for them to take your order. Apparently they are not able to take several orders in a row. Also waiting 10 minutes for a bagel and cream cheese is a bit riduculous. The prices are too high for what they serve, the coffee tastes watered down, and they have the word chile spelled wrong on their menu several times! We are in NM...chile capital of the US...yet the option of "green chilies" is listed. Someone else listed this as a joke...I agree. You're better off going across the street to Burger King.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I heard about their delicious Bretzel rolls and had to try it since I grew up in Germany and have fond memories of the Bretzel dough. They were delicious and I am returning every week to get them by the dozen. Their other pastries are just as appetizing. The lunch is equally delicious, not like your run-of the-mill restaurants. You get the impression that you eat healthy and truly good food. The service was quick, friendly and efficient!!! All in all a wonderful addition to the local food scene.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Are you kidding?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Was looking for a sandwich today and used the drive thru here. Menu doesn’t explain the items on the menu (what’s really included in each item and what the options are, i.e. kinds of bread, etc.). It also doesn’t include all of the things on their menu. The turkey sandwich said it included lettuce and tomato. They were true to their word there... I got a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato... and nothing else… for $7.50. They asked if I wanted my bread toasted, which I did. What I got was two smallish slices of sourdough bread pressed in a panini press - not toasted. And since it did not come with cheese (It’s extra) or mayo or anything BUT lettuce and tomato, there was nothing to hold the bread together and it was all over the place. I asked if they had chips, which they did... for an additional cost. And I got some iced tea. They handed me the tea and the chips, and then gave me a large bag including my little sandwich and a fork, which had no purpose. All in all I paid 12.77 for a small, below average turkey sandwich, a small bag of chips, and a medium sized iced tea. The quality of the sandwich and tea were fine, but nothing special, and though I guess I've paid $13 for a sandwich and drink before, I don’t think I have ever paid so much for so little. I'm not someone who thinks the food here in Santa Fe is actually that good, so I'm used to paying for mediocrity here, but at this place I was left feeling ripped off. I love seeing a new business in town, but these guys set a bad example for acceptability and I hope they either change their game now or make way for businesses that offer better value, quality, or quantity... or all of the above!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe
“new "coffee" cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The breakfast all day, with a fabulous selection of lunch items, wraps, panini, salads, all are wonderful and the staff is fabulous. Great place!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere