“Great Value, Clean accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #3 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Brandon, Canada
“Great Value, Clean accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn on February 18 and 19 2013. This hotel is great. We asked for the standard queen room which was very economical compared to other places. We knew the room would be smaller, and that was just fine with us because the price was right. We liked this hotel because a) the breakfast buffet which was included was really great with eggs, bacon, sausage and the like; b) the breakfast room was a good size, c) the bed was comfortable, d) the room was tastefully decorated with wood shutters, armoir, and dresser, e) the location was near many restaurants and shops, f) the courtyard was a great place to park, g) the staff was really friendly and suggested great places to eat, and h) most importantly the place was clean; and with what looked like newer carpet in the hallways too. Thanks to the Old Santa Fe Inn for a great stay.

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the second year in a row that we stayed here. My husband, son, and I love it here. We are never disappointed. We splurged this time and stayed in a deluxe suite. It was lovely. The kiva fireplace was nice and lights up quickly with a push of the switch. My husband put the spacious work desk area to use, and the jetted tub was nice for soothing sore muscles after skiing. The sofa bed was quite comfortable, because it is part mattress and part inflatable. Our son enjoyed the fun of inflating it every night.

I can not say enough good things about Danny,who worked the afternoon/evening shift at the reception desk. He was always cheerful and welcoming. Throughout our 3 night stay here, he was always EXCEPTIONALLY helpful, from restaurant recommendations to late night assistance with our room, etc. The afternoon cookies were always delicious! It is people like Danny that are the reason why we keep coming back here.

The location is excellent, in the heart of downtown Santa Fe, and cozy rooms make you feel at home. We always look forward to the breakfast burrito bar with the homemade salsa. My husband enjoys the always available Starbucks coffee in the lobby.

The Inn also gives discounts for returning customers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in the beginning of February. This is my 3rd stay at the Inn. As usual, the Inn provides a cozy and relaxed place to stay for value oriented travellers. The staff at the reception is accommodating and very professional, nothing is a bother. The queen room with kiva fireplace was a bit small but still had enough space to spread out comfortably. The bed was very comfortable. The shower had more than enough water pressure, and you have a jetted tub if you like that. Each room has a fridge and a microwave, and a flat screen TV. The breakfast offers plenty to choose from: burrito bar, DIY waffles, fruits, yogurt, cereals, several kinds of artisanal breads, juices, etc. It is served in a wonderful dining room, sunlit and cozy with woodburning fireplace. I loved lingering in there after finishing breakfast, just to take in the ambiance. There is also a small fitness room and a business center, as well as complimentary computer terminals and WiFi. What else do you need?

And finally, the location is great, easy short walk to everywhere in town.

My only minor complaint was the heater, which as other travellers mentioned, is a bit noisy, but wouldn't interfere with your sleep.

While this is not a luxury retreat, it is a wonderful and beautifully decorated place, where you will be treated like a family. Strongly recommend it and I personally will be back when I visit Santa Fe again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the courtyard and having eastern or southern exosure, these are sunny either in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
IGNACIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Valentine's night 2013. We had a one-day trip to Santa Fe. The staff at the Old Santa Fe Inn are very helpful and genuine. The room was lovely. My only complaint was the heater sometimes makes a funny noise. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. If you want the cookies, you had better be right there. We tried twice and every time we came back, they were gone! Must be a testimonial that they are scrumptious. We love the location and being able to walk to the Plaza, the Railyards where there are more galleries and great restaurants. We definitely will return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

A wonderfully warm, cozy and friendly place to stay. My room was quite small, but well appointed and nicely decorated. The lobby area is nice. The breakfast room is wonderful - fireplace, cloth napkins, great food choices. Great location. Lovely.

• Stayed February 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This review is long overdue, but I had to leave it. I stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn in July 2010 (not March 2012 but this is the earliest date I could select whilst writing the review) as I was driving across the US. I booked directly with the hotel as they can offer you a better rate if you mention that you've seen a cheaper price elsewhere (which I had). This stop was a welcome break from staying in cheap motels and always being on the go. It was my birthday so I decided to treat myself to somewhere nicer and stay for a couple of days to recharge my batteries.

I missed the hotel first time round as I was driving late at night and wasn't expecting the hotel to be so near the town centre, but found it eventually. It is in a fantastic location, just a couple of minutes' walk from the main square and centre where all the shops, restaurants, entertainment etc are. For the price, the location and accommodation were fantastic.

The rooms are homely and comfortable, decorated in warm tones with a Spanish feel, in keeping with Santa Fe's history and architecture. Having said that, I wasn't quite happy with my first room, as it was on the ground floor (like all of the rooms) and near the front so felt quite exposed. The manager on duty, a lovely lady called Alex, offered me a better room (and one of the only ones available) near the back of the complex, which had a fireplace and jacuzzi but was darker as the window was slightly obscured by trees. I have to admit I did an injustice and got grumpy (I think the miles on the road might have got to me), and almost decided to shorten my stay because of the room, but I'm very glad I didn't! I also thank Alex for her gracious attitude in being flexible and patient with me - the room was actually very nice, and I am very glad I stayed 3 nights in such a lovely place.

On top of this, the breakfast served in the morning was delicious - fresh waffles and juice. They also serve delicious warm cookies in the afternoon, and lemon water throughout the day, very refreshing in the baking New Mexico summer heat! The reception area was also very nice for just sitting and reading, it was more like a living room. The internet connection was also good. The service was excellent, and I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very nice old motel. Well maintained and updated. Great location just 1 block from square. Easy walk to shopping and great restaurants. Really good breakfast buffet. Friendly staff and a really good "bang for the buck". Would recommend.

Room Tip: Opt for the kiva rooms in the wintertime.....well worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Santa Fe Inn? Share your experiences!