“Fantastic Anniversary Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Aurora, Colorado
“Fantastic Anniversary Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We chose to stay at the Old Santa Fe Inn for our 10th anniversary based on the positive reviews. Let me say, we were not disappointed. We stayed in a Deluxe Suite, which was absolutely beautiful. This may have been the most quiet hotel room I have ever stayed in and every aspect of the property was exactly as I had hoped. My husband and I were very pleased with our stay and are now considering an annual trip to Santa Fe and that is based largely on our experience at the Old Santa Fe Inn (of course we would be staying at the Old Santa Fe Inn again!).

Michelle & Paul from Aurora, Colorado

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed two nights having reviewed multiple hotel options in Santa Fe. And we were very satisfied with our choice. Room was quaint and very clean. Parking was motel style and no problem. The plaza is only a three block walk away, so hotel is well located and quiet at night. The ambiance in and around hotel was relaxing and comfortable. Reception staff were super friendly and provided great customer service. Breakfast was very adequate and enjoyable at the Burrito Bar but could be better if more fresh fruit (v/s canned peaches) and healthy cereals were offerred. We really enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Most rooms around the parking area seem quiet.
Upstate, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My wife and I were visiting Sante Fe for a few days and I was looking for a hotel within walking distance of center city and the plaza. The Old Sante Fe Inn was one of many web search locations. Based on reviews and their website I booked 2 nghts and I can't be happier. The location is perfect. It is clean and well maintained. The hotel breakfast is well done. The decor is a perfect fit for the location. In addition to all this the staff is SUPER helpful and friendly (Thanks Alex!). This will be where I stay next time we're in Sante Fe.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mercedes, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

First time in Santa Fe and we were not dissapointed. The staff is extremely personable and helpful. Located about 2-3 blocks form the plaza, its close to the heart of the city, but quiet enough to enjoy a peaceful night's rest. Kids loved the daily breakfast spread and the afternoon cookies and hot chocolate. Rooms are well appointed and beds are very comfortable. Looking forward to a return trip soon.

Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We had an unpleasant experience at the Old Santa Fe Inn that led to our checking out less than 30 minutes after we checked in. We arrived in Santa Fe in the early evening after driving from Denver and had a long drive the following day, so we really wanted to rest and have a good night's sleep. In particular, the front desk staff was inattentive and not helpful. We booked a reservation for a room with a king bed. When we checked in, we were first given a registration form with another guest's name on it. When we pointed out that this was not our registration, we were given the correct registration form. We then received keys and went to our room. The keys did not work. We returned to the front desk, we were given keys that worked. When we entered our room, we saw that the room had two double beds (the room was also quite dark and small). We then went back to the front desk and said that we had booked a room with a king bed. The person at the front desk told us that they had to change our room because another guest had not checked out. While we were sympathetic to the plight of the other guest, we did not feel that the Old Santa Fe Inn handled this situation properly. The front desk person indicated that they knew the night before that they would not be able to give us a room with a king bed. I indicated to the front desk person that they should have let us know about this so that we could make a decision about whether we wanted to accept the room with a double bed. Fortunately, even though it was Memorial Day weekend, we were able to locate a room at another hotel in Santa Fe that turned out to be much nicer than the room that we had been given at the Old Santa Fe Inn. We do not believe that we will stay at the Old Santa Fe Inn in the future and hope that they will handle these types of situations better in the future.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
JohnJSmallwood, Manager at Old Santa Fe Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
I have written to the guest to apologize for the series of events she experienced, and sent her my cell number for her to use to make her next reservation in Santa Fe. The 300+ reviews of our hotel indicate that this is not what guests commonly experience, but we made mistakes here and we will learn from the experience.
Blytheville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed for three days while on vacation. We were pleased with all aspects of our stay. I give it an A++++. The staff was helpful and very pleasant to deal with. The rooms were lovely and comfortable. The included breakfast was great. Within walking distance of the Plaza and the shopping area, it was a perfect fit for us. We'll absolutely stay here the next time we visit Santa Fe.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Considering the prices that nice hotels rooms can be in Santa Fe, this hotel is a steal - especially if you catch an off season special. I appreciated not having to pay extra for parking, internet, or breakfast - that alone saved almost $50. It's a short 5 min walk to the Plaza and all the interesting things in town, but you're just outside all the traffic so it's really easy to drive in and out. Breakfast is a fabulous burrito bar with eggs, sausage, Starbucks coffee, etc. For sheer ambiance, I highly recommend eating outside on the lovely garden terrace with a fountain with the pinon-scented breeze floating by. Exquisite. The hotel is very pretty and tastefully appointed throughout (southwest style is really atrocious when it goes cheesy or overdone) - from the trailing wisteria vines everywhere to the beautiful lithographs in my room. Of course, the room was very clean (do I really have to say that? All hotels SHOULD be clean). The bed and pillows were plump and comfy. I could have used a slightly firmer mattress, but I still slept like a stone for about 9 hours and woke up without any aches or creakiness. The hospitality feels real and genuinely solicitous. I loved that iced lemon water appeared in the lobby every day around 1:30 followed by homemade cookies at 4pm. What I like most about Old Santa Fe Inn is that it has the flavor of a family owned place, not a chic destination spot bankrolled by some big corporate chain to give you a perfectly manufactured (read: artificially constructed) version of a 'Santa Fe Experience.' Ugh. I like my travel real. Alex was the front desk clerk and she was just lovely - from giving tips about good places 'off the beaten path' to checking in with me to make sure everything was just right. It had everything I needed as a business traveler, but it made me wish I was on vacation. Old Santa Fe in is the perfect place to stay when you don't want to break the bank but you want a really special Santa Fe visit. Any time I'm passing through or visiting, I'll be staying here for sure.

Room Tip: Check online for off season specials
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Old Santa Fe Inn? Share your experiences!