“Great party dinner!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tomme - CLOSED

Tomme
229 Galisteo St, cor Alameda, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)
(505) 820 2253
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alameda
“Great party dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Having had two delicious dinners at Tomme, we decided to have my birthday party there, in spite of the somewhat spartan decor. We invited three couples and had a wonderful dinner. Cassoulet, lamb medallions, chicken mole all great. Also delicious desserts. Service was very good. We continue to recommend Tomme.

70% Recommend
Santa fe, nm
“Yummy, warm chocolate pudding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is restaurant week in Santa fe, New Mexico, we started our week with Tomme's. Max the owner meet us, shortly bring out a delicious tarter with avocado and caviar, delish. All of the remaining courses were very good, dancing taste buds. the bread which comes from a 101 year old source, yummy. Great atmosphere, service and music. I will go back at another time. Let your taste buds do the work. enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Fine restaurant that deserves more customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The chef is Joseph Wrede, who used comes to us in Santa Fe from Taos, where he ran Joseph's Table, a fine restaurant well known for great food. It has a central location on the corner of Alameda and Galisteo. It's not as cozy as it might be with curtains on the rather institutional windows. A blazing piñon luminaria (open wood fire) on the patio outside made us feel welcome.
My dinner began with a delicious amuse bouche, followed by lamb medallions with a fantastically wonderful and complex flavor, just what I was missing in a recent review of a different restaurant. Veggies were fresh and perfectly prepared. My partner had the trout, which normally comes with frites - but you can ask for a veggie substitute. The trout was also delicious.
Wine was in the $10-$12 range (but a nice, big glass), main course $20-$25.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe, NM
“Very good. Unique taste. Would recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We have patronized most good restaurants in Santa Fe for several years but somehow Tomme has been below our radar. On a fluke we were in the area and decided to give it a try. The service and atmosphere were above average and the food was some of the best we've had in SF. We started with two appetizers. The artichoke and the tuna/marlin tartar. Wow. Very yummy. Too bad they didn't last very long. For the main course I had the mole chicken and my partner had the rainbow trout. Both were delicious but next time I'm going for the trout. All in all a very nice evening and we recommend Tomme.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe
“Wanted to Love It. Didn't.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Really, I'd give the place 2 circles (poor) except that the chefs there deserve another chance. Probably not from me and my dinner companions, though. We all loved Chef Joseph's former restaurant in Taos, and had enjoyed Maxx's former Santa Fe restaurant. But my birthday dinner at Tomme was so disappointing. The place seemed to be run by a bunch of amateurs who had no idea how to run a restaurant--obviously not the case for the two in the kitchen. The waitress was nice but clearly had no experience with service of any kind, let alone fine dining. The food took forever to come out. Once it did, it was mostly pretty good. Not great, but good. My lamb was perfect, but the "soft polenta" was hard and a little weird. Mostly, though, it was the overall service that was the problem. There were so many balls dropped all evening, it was rather unbelievable. We appreciated the complimentary glass of wine and extra dessert. Still, there are 6 Santa Feans who won't be going back to Tomme. Really sad about it too.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere